Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• ETA for OMV 5.0 - 2020, 2021, 2022?

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from TechnoDadLife: “After full install ” Did you have the resolvconf package installed?

• Quote from EasyRhino: “realize that the command line tools can probably do everything, but I'm a noob and the GUI of the storage manager really helps visualize just what my options are. ” But you shouldn't have a desktop installed on OMV... Quote from EasyRhino: “and not having to reboot to bios is really nice too) ” Quite sure the command line can do everything the gui can.

• Volker's post is not a script. It is the basics on how to install OMV. It isn't meant to cover ever little detail. This is why you should use the install script I wrote - forum.openmediavault.org/index…-s-i386-32-bit-platforms/ Quote from peekaa: “First you need install gnupg, to be able to addkey. ” Look at this line - github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plug…/blob/master/install#L119 - one of the first things the script does is install gnupg Quote from peekaa: “you need to make oneliner of "apt-get --ye…

• OMV 5 dnsmasq

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from pegasuspc: “has the dnsmasq plugin been updated for OMV 5? I added the extras repo but i did not see it in the plugins ” forum.openmediavault.org/index…?postID=186122#post186122

• Maybe storage manager isn't in that repo then. I have never used more than megacli.

• Docker in OMV5???

ryecoaaron - - Docker

Quote from Connor Allick: “what i meant was the gui for docker, not docker itself, seems it doesnt exist in omv 5 ” Yep, the docker-gui plugin was dropped on OMV 5.x in favor of portainer.

• The first post probably deleted the repo that the archive is referencing. The archive will have to be cleaned up from /etc/openmediavault/config.xml The second post is completely different. It doesn't like the path you are using. Is it empty?

• Quote from starion: “Is there something I haven't activated? ” You won't see them (unless they are static) in the Interfaces tab. They are in the Dashboard if you add network interfaces.

• Docker in OMV5???

ryecoaaron - - Docker

Quote from Connor Allick: “do i need docker or can i do this entirely with Portainer? ” Uh... Portainer is web interface to manage docker containers. You can't use portainer without docker. You can create a nextcloud container without portainer or with portainer.

• Quote from thedarkness: “As a side note, is there a way to customize the virtual filesystem name created by the plugin? ” On the unionfilesystem plugin, you can add the option fsname=SOMEUNIQUENAME in the options box. On the mergerfsfolders plugin, it is already setting it to POOLNAME:POOLUUID Quote from thedarkness: “It's ugly but most importantly long, I have to copy and paste it in every configuration (such as Docker files), would be handy if the user could customize it. ” But I think you are…

• Unable to find suitable address.

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from mstumpel: “mount error(112): Host is down ” This is why it is failing. maybe try the ip address instead of hostname?

• Quote from blackride: “How i can install ZFS Plugin in OMV for Rockrpo64? ” If you are on OMV 5.x, it is in the repo. You will have to manually install the kernel headers if they aren't already. If you are on OMV 4.x, upgrade to OMV 5.x.

• Quote from malibu: “What you describe is the behavior after reboot. Before the reboot, the bind mount was still active making all data still reachable from /sharedfolders/XXX/ ” Notice I said bind mount files (found in /etc/systemd/system/) not the bind mounts themselves. So, yes, the data is still reachable.

• This problem with sub-directory branches is fixed in 5.0.2 in the repo now.

• Quote from malibu: “I was confused because the actual data was still reachable via the /sharedfolders/ directories. It changed only after a reboot. ” Disabling the feature just removes the bind mount files and doesn't remove the mounts (as you found).

• Quote from malibu: “I thought the whole point of removing the sharedfolders was to avoid issues and improve performance. Would the "cleanup" have no effect then? ” People are confusing just have a directory on the filesystem (not even a symlink) with bind mounts which is what this is actually disabling. The bind mounts are the problem because it is a systemd mount that can't restart when it is in use and takes a "long" time to restart when it isn't in use. So, no, cleaning the folders up will af…

• You are missing a lot of code necessary. The biggest issue is you aren't referencing an ID anywhere and you are trying to save the entire grid without iterating through it. Have you looked at the other plugins? The minidlna plugin would be a good reference - github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plug…s/openmediavault-minidlna

• Cannot Delete Shared Folders

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from Kai: “I cannot understand why the Z_Backups folder is showing referenced. I have reset perms on it a few times but evidently nothing is holding. ” Reset perms has nothing to do with OMV. It resets the filesystem permissions. You have the Z_Backups folder set as the reset perms folder (that is what it is telling you). Set the folder to none in the reset perms tab.

• Quote from EasyRhino: “does that repo include the stuff needed to use the megaraid storage manager? ” Did you look? I assume hwraid.le-vert.net/debian/pool-buster/megamgr/ is the manager.

• So, the problem is caused by the x-systemd.requires= options that the plugin adds. These are added on both plugins and works just fine on both plugins. The problem happens when you use a subdirectory on a mountpoint because the requires is set to the full path when it should just be the filesystem's mountpoint. I will have to change the code to get the filesystem's path instead of the paths specified.