Search Results

Search results 1-15 of 15.

• mergfs balance on SnapRaid Question

romibaer - - General

Quote from gderf: “mergerfs.balance can be run from the commandline to balance drives. It does not run in the background. It could be run on cron, but a better choice would be to use a mergerfs create policy that keeps the drives balanced once you have them initially in balance. ” Can you pls explain which policy i should take ? So do i understand this right: first i have to choose a policy which will take always the most free space hard-drive i move all my date to my snapraid => the drive will …

• mergfs balance on SnapRaid Question

romibaer - - General

Hello, i would like to create a Snapraid with 4 8TB HDD`S 3 Data 1 Parity. It woul be nice, if there is a possibility to balance the Data on my pool. What i understand is, that the tool mergerfs-tools/ is a balancer that can handle this. Does this Tool run automaticly in the "Background" or is it triggerd via a cron-job ? Would be very nice if someone could explain this.

• Ah ---ok thanks for the Information...i didn`t understand that... So ok - i`m happe and my NAS is working like intended

• ok - figuerd out how to fix my problem... i manualy changed etc/resolv.conf via nano etc/resolv.conf so the nameserver-adress was 192.168.178.100 This fixed my Problem and i was able to install the Plugin... still not able to identify my networkd card as mentioned above don`t know what the problem is

• The Adress is 192.168.178.100 this is also what i already set as dns... i think the problem could be: cat /etc/resolv.conf gives the following output: search fritz.box nameserver 192.168.178.1 This is my old ip - the new one should be 192.168.178.100 - or am i wrong ? don`t know how to change this...

• Yes - my internet connectivity is working with any other devices as intended. This is the only problem i have actually

• ok - her`s my screen i think i have problems with the nameserver - this was my old ip adresse 192.168.178.1 it is now 192.168.178.100 do i have to change this ?

• I got yesterday a new router (6490 AVM Cable) i changed the router and also got a new ip for my omv installation via dhcp i changed the dns to 8.8.8.8 - this didn`t work i also run into trouble when i try to identify my eth0 forum.openmediavault.org/index…83caccec8884dc7e49d8028a3forum.openmediavault.org/index…83caccec8884dc7e49d8028a3

• hi thanks for your fast answer i already have the dns added ( is it correct that my dns adress is the same ip as my router ? ) forum.openmediavault.org/index…83caccec8884dc7e49d8028a3

• I`m trying to install the autoshutdown-plugin and running into problems. Everytime i try to install this i get an error (Screen) I got a new router yesterday - maybe i have to configure something ? But i don`t know.... Someone can help pls ? forum.openmediavault.org/index…83caccec8884dc7e49d8028a3

• Failed to start File System Quotas

romibaer - - General

Hi, i just installed a fresh OMV (downloaded the latestest Build form the Website) and created a Raid 5 Array (5x3TB). After copying some files i made a reboot and my OMV isn`t booting correct i got an Error which says "Failed to start File System Quotas" and i`m completley lost I am a newbie for OMV and don`t know what to do or how to solve this problem. I tried to install OMV again - booted via usb and just copied the files. Then i have acess to the WebGui but after a restart i have the same p…

• also i just recognized that i have a cpu usage by 98-100% on an i5 4670 !

• Just having the same Problem: when i try to open Filsystem i get communication error i had a breakdown in my elektricity and restartet my server, now i`m not able to do anything everytime he keep`s sayin - communication error just resartet /etc/init.d/openmediavault-engined restart => didn`t hel /etc/init.d/openmediavault-engined status root@OMV:~# /etc/init.d/openmediavault-engined status omv-engined is running can someone pls help....I have no clue what i can do

• First of all: sorry for double Post but since i wasn`t able to edit my Post and it`s also in the wrong section i`m trying to explain my problem in a fresh post. Would be nice if a mod can delete my previous post in den Update/upgrade section. I`ll try to explain my problem in english first but it`s not my native language so sorry for my grammer my tvtuner won`t show up in tvheadend anymore since i upgraded to the 3.16.0-0.bpo.4-amd64 Kernel (previosly used the Standard Kernel) i also tried to re…

• Hi Guys, just discoverd a Problem my tvtuner won`t show up in tvheadend anymore since i upgraded to the 3.16.0-0.bpo.4-amd64 Kernel i also tried to reinstall the driver (it`s a digital devices cinect) but no succes Source Code apt-get install mercurial build-essential libproc-processtable-perl apt-get install linux-headers-$(uname -r) apt-get install patchutils hg clone linuxtv.org/hg/~endriss/media_build_experimental cd media_build_experimental make download make untar make make install experim…