Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• Thank you for sharing the solution. Never heard about a "Global C-state control" setting.

• HHD expansion PCIe card

cabrio_leo - - My NAS Build

If you want to connect this number of disks using a host bus adapter (HBA) card flashed to IT mode may be a better suited solution. e.g. a DELL PERC H200 or a LSI HBA card. Dell R710 NAS and Media server - PERC H700

• Docker and ZFS

cabrio_leo - - Plugins

There are issues with docker containers located on ZFS file system. Please search the forum for related threads. The docker containers should be located on a file system other then ZFS.

• Different user accounts?

• Do you have a space in the label name of the drives? In the past there were issues with such NTFS drives. It is not recommended to mount drives manually by the CLI, because this mount is then not contained in the configuration database of OMV. Therefore you can´t create any shares and so on over the WebUI.

• Rsync Problem

cabrio_leo - - RSync

Könntest du bitte etwas genauer beschreiben, was du wie machen möchtest? Was ist eine Hetzner Storage Box, bzw. was kann die? Allgemein sollte man in OMV recht vorsichtig sein, wenn man vorhandene OMV Funktionalitäten über die Konsole durchführt, da die OMV Konfigurationsdatenbank das dann u.U. nicht mitbekommt und dann seltsame Effekte eintreten können. Es gibt verschiedene Plugins, die rsync im Hintergrund benutzen. Da solltest du vielleicht mal schauen, ob etwas Passendes dabei ist.

• Quote from LynnReid: “When I try to copy I get an error that I don't have permissions on the receiving drive. ” How did you do this? Quote from LynnReid: “I made the external drive's folder into a share thinking I could copy from there to the OVM share...but no luck. ” This should work with the remote mount plugin. Or connect the drive to a different PC and copy the data via the OMV SMB/CIFS share. It will take longer as if the drive is directly connected to the OMV PC. But then you don´t have t…

• Shared folder passwords forgotten

cabrio_leo - - General

Quote from vaultluke: “A reboot won't be of any use since I've forgotten the passwords. ” You wrote that you have changed the password meanwhile. Of course the reboot may be necessary to accept the new password of the OMV share in Windows, not that one you have forgotten. Quote from vaultluke: “As the OMV admin, I was wondering if I can reset the passwords or change them ” Yes, that is possible and should work.

• Shared folder passwords forgotten

cabrio_leo - - General

As @macom has written log out / log in or a reboot are proven methods in Windows to solve a lot of strange problems. Did you have done this already? If this doesn´t work you can connect with a SSH client e.g. WinSCP to the server and copy the files directly from the file system to another location.

• Notification settings

cabrio_leo - - General

Quote from MickBurke: “OK, so it sounds like I can't change it through open media vault itself? ” Yes and No. You can´t change it by the WebUI. But you can change it by modifying the Openmediavault environment variable, as @macom has explained above. These environment variables are a part of OMV.

• In the past I had such a delay during boot while a ZFS scrub was running in the background. But it was not related to folder2ram.

• Notification settings

cabrio_leo - - General

Ok, found another thread. E.g. "=95" means new notification limit is at 95% I wasn't sure if it should have been "0.95" instead of "95". Edit: Overlap. Thank you for adding the example @macom ... And you chose the same example value as me

• Notification settings

cabrio_leo - - General

Quote from macom: “OMV_MONIT_SERVICE_FILESYSTEM_SPACEUSAGE ” If there is no missing threshold value?

• Quote from procount: “I reckon if I can remove those, I might be able to install the plugin by itself and use my existing zfs build. ” The ZFS plugin is currently not or hardly maintained. You obviously know. Could you image taking care of the maintenance in the future? The community would be grateful to you for that.

• Increase storage with RAID 0?

cabrio_leo - - RAID

Quote from HannesJo: “What is it? So maybe some noob will come around here, see this discussion and get leos point but also the fact that backup is always important. ” If a noob comes around here and reads all the discussions then he will also see the message "RAID is not a backup". I know a lot of threads and posts where this statement is mentioned over and over again. And yes, you are right, this cannot be mentioned often enough: RAID is not a backup. But many users read it but don´t want to t…

• I think it is not possible to use the OMV ZFS plugin with 32 bit systems. It only supports amd64.

• Increase storage with RAID 0?

cabrio_leo - - RAID

Quote from HannesJo: “I think these warnings like "Dont use RAID0, you are going to lose your data" cause many people thinking "Oh ok, then I dont do that and my data is save". ” Did I say "Don´t use RAID 0"? I didn think so. I have merely referred to a situation that I believe many people are unaware of.

• Quote from IsochronousAardwolf: “and also OMV v4 just to be sure. ” Quote from IsochronousAardwolf: “it shows page cache growing at about the same rate as data is written to NFS ” If it works with OMV 4 and not with OMV 5 I would assume that there is some kind of memory leak. How much RAM is in your system?

• Could it be a hardware problem? Temperature maybe? If the system freezes could you still reach it by SSH console?

• HDD won't spin down

cabrio_leo - - General

Quote from vishnumrao: “I finally got around to trying your tip on the RPI NAS. Installed hd_idle and the disks now spind down completely. ” Quote from vishnumrao: “does hd_idle only spindown the disks when they are idle or does it just count down a time set in the config file and periodically issues a spindown command. ” As the name "hd_idle" says, I assume that a spindown command is only issued when the disk is idle. Anything else doesn´t make any sense. In the readme of hd_idle one can read "…