A mount point already exists for the given filesystem ?

• Hello together,

if i want to mount an extern USB HD i get this error Message :

The configuration object is not unique: A mount point already exists for the given filesystem

can someone give me a hint how to solve this problem ?

Thx from Germany
    kekeao

• Ohh - had that one too.

I gave up on finding a clean way of doing it - forced a mount via a Cron Job in the GUI: 'mount -a'
    Ended up with adding the command to /etc/rc.local.

The USB disks have given me all sorts of challenges:
    - two disks swapped place, suddently I had my fileshares crossed,
    - once I forgot to mount them, and ended up connecting to share (that couldn't be there), copied
    a bunch of files, that filled up my root disk.

The clean way to mount them is apparently to use UUID's.

The lesson I learned is:
    "Google, test, and ask - eventually it's going to work".

Update 25 november:
    This is not ment as a bad remark concerning OMV - I enjoy playing with it.
    It just shows that I have to find out more about mounts, uuid's etc.

• Help,

plugged in an USB 3.0 HDD into OMV-Server and mounted one ntfs-Partition in web administration interface.
    After autoshutdown and reboot i can't mount the drive anymore.

Click on Mount /dev/sdf1 or sdf2 results in:
    Error-Message Popup in OMV:
    The configuration object is not unique: A mount point already exists for the given filesystem
    Error #3005:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'The configuration object is not unique: A mount point already exists for the given filesystem' in /var/www/openmediavault/rpc/filesystemmgmt.inc:675
    Stack trace:
    #0 [internal function]: FileSystemMgmtRpc->mount(Array)
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(265): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(98): OMVRpc::exec('FileSystemMgmt', 'mount', Array)
    #3 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(44): OMVJsonRpcServer->handle()
    #4 {main}

Waht can i do?

• I've loged inas root via ssh, and searched for the uuid in /etc/openmediavault/config.xml.there i've deleted the whole part beteen <share> and <\share> including this markers. After that I was able to mount the usb-drive again. Perhaps you have to do this in asimilar way at other points of config.xml.

• I'm doing a simple "mount -a" via Terminal and after unmount/mount over web admin all is fine again.
    Seems to be a bug when OMV goes to sleep over autostutdown plugin and USB-drive stays connected and mounted. :(

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!