Long File Name & Long Path File Copying Issue

• Dear All,

I am new to openmediavault 2.1 Stone Burner & just i have install & configure OpenMediaVault with SMB/CIFS share named "Web" with single user web with full rights. After this i am going to copy some data into this shared folder but after 99% i have received the error for "Long File Name & Long File Path".

I have check with OpenMediaVault console also but did't find any resolution for this.

For your reference please find the attached screenshot.

Please advice me for above mentioned issue.

Thanks & Regards,
    Jayesh Chikane

• Hi,

I had the same issue but as far as I know it is the Windows limitation (the path of the each file could only have 255 characters).

So you can try to reduce the name of the file/folders in order to reduce the amount of the used path characters.

• I had the same issue but as far as I know it is the Windows limitation (the path of the each file could only have 255 characters).

Exactly. Not your last folder is too long, the whole path is too long. So you have two ways to fix this:

• Try to get rid of some subfolders and create your folder not that deep
    • Try to shorten some of your foldernames.
  • Long too path error!
    "Long path tool" is very helpful for this problem. You can solve this problem like copy, delete, long path files by using this tool. I used to have similar problems too, but after using "long path tool" everything was solved.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!