Plugin Auto shutdown

• Hello guys, I hope to write in the right place!

First question
    I assembled a nas home that seems to work perfectly, I installed OMV me looks fantastic! But I do not understand the operation of the plugin autoshutdown. If only one PC on my network is online (without access the nas), the nas should not be suspended. I do not understand. This means that if I turn on a computer just to check email or do a search or edit documents, or better yet turn on the smart TV, the nas will remain on. I wish it goes to suspend only if no one asks access to shared folders for a certain amount of time. It’s possible something like that, or the plugin is thought to another?

Second question
    I imagine that to awaken the nas need a magic packet. Have any of you ever found a way to wake up only when asked access to shared folders?

Thanks for attention. Happy to be a part of this family.

• Offizieller Beitrag

1 - The plugin shuts the server down when you aren't using it. I don't think you delay that shutdown.
    2 - There is no way to turn on a NAS just by accessing a shared folder (that I know).

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• J understand...but well...what kind of operation you use to wake up automatically your nas from sleep with openmediavault when you want to use it? From pc is easy to send a magic packet to do it, but from a smart tv for example, is it possible?

J don't believe that there isn't a solution for theese cases...unfortunately not a programmer ... but it seems strange that no one has ever solved a need so basic! Maybe it will not be so trivial !!

Thanks for your attention.

• Offizieller Beitrag

This isn't really an OMV issue. The client (ie smarttv) would need to send the magic packet. No way for us to change.

In my opinion, a server should be running all the time. Problem solved. If that is too much energy, use a smaller server. An RPi2 or Odroid-XU4 use just a few watts and you can spin down the drives.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!