OwnCloud user's status & permissions.

• Hi guys,

I love OMV, and OwnCloud.
    I have spent a lot of time and money on my new-built server.
    OwnCloud is a pain.
    OMV web-gui crashed after I installed OwnCloud.

I followed the OwnCloud setup guide at: ownCloud 7 install with current plugin

I found the solution is to update the code in /owncloud/Settings.js from Github, and restart the nginx.
    Then it works!

I need help w/the following:

1) how do I know if any user(s) is online using OwnCloud in the OMV web portal?

2) I can't figure out how to get the OMV's shared folder permissions to work in OwnCloud.
    It's either read-only or full access for everybody.
    I can't even set myself to have full permission on the shared folder without restricting other's permission.
    By the way, I mount my shared drive as local and the shared drive are using ACL.
    I know you guys mentioned not to use ACL a lot, but in my case, I need it to restrict users not to snoop around other user's folder, and other stuff.

3) I downloaded & installed the OC from:

Code
    http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/isv:/ownCloud:/community:/7.0/Debian_7.0/all/owncloud_7.0.6-0_all.deb

key:

Code
    http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/isv:ownCloud:community/Debian_7.0/Release.key

However, after the installation is done, OC portal is showing version 6.0.4 (stable). Even though I modified the /var/www/owncloud/config/config.php to reflect the change.

Thanks.

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
    32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von tinh_x7 ()

• I read this guide before: Owncloud 8 and MySQL: alternative approach.
    Let say I upgrade to OC 8...

From I see in the tutorial, everybody has full permission on the shared folder, right?

1. Can I restrict some permissions to certain users?
    2. If the user forget the password, do I reset it in OC, or in OMV portal?
    3. How do I check if the user(s) is online in owncloud?
    4. How can I update OC version 6 using the omv's plug-in to version 8?

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
    32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von tinh_x7 ()

• 1. you can do thees over OC - externel driver or folder option
    2. only in OC over a admin or with the email-reset
    3. you can use an app for OC it called chat or so, you can see the users are online and write
    4. i think its in the guide from tekkb ownCloud 7 install with current plugin

omv 6.x | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 6.x |
    used plugins: omv-extras | portainer | rsnapshot | antivirus
    used container: portainer/portainer | nextcloud/all-in-one | linuxserver/swag | paperless-ngx | jellyfin/jellyfin | lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver | adguard/adguardhome |

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!