How to Setup DRBD with Existing OMV

• Hi,
    Im a novice.
    I have OMV running with RAID-1. It has 4 LVs and around 30 shared folders with full of data and running SMB/CIFS. system is installed into a separate HD. I need to set up network RAID1 to create a redundant server. I have two questions.

Q1.
    When i set up DRBD (i tested this with VMs), i have to unmount existing LVs to start DRBD. Once it starts, it replicates data well, but i cannot remount my existing lvs from omv since the pv now has changed to drdb from md, i guess. What are the steps to correctly create redundant server using drbd with an existing omv without affecting the existing server?

Q2.
    How can i do a system level replication i.e. users, groups, acls etc. and even updates to the systems? The idea is that how can i only work with one omv server and let drdb to replicate everything?

Thanks for your time and advice
    Cheers

• Thanks....since it is an already setup server, i guess lv are created using lvm, which i did using omv lvm when i setup the first server. however, i unmount all lvs for drbd resources to start. now i cannot remount them from OMV to bring the server back to normal operational state.

again im not an expert, so dont know whether i got your question right ?( .

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!