Update NIC driver Realtek R8169

• How do I update the driver realtek? After a few minutes that I transfer data, OMV will no longer be seen from the network either through ping.
    The mainboard ASRock Q1900DC-ITX, LAN RTL8111GR using the r8169 driver.
    Can someone please help me?
    Thanks

• Offizieller Beitrag

How do I update the driver realtek? After a few minutes that I transfer data, OMV will no longer be seen from the network either through ping.
    The mainboard ASRock Q1900DC-ITX, LAN RTL8111GR using the r8169 driver.
    Can someone please help me?
    Thanks

I dealt w/ that NIC and it's various problems for over a year, before finally just buying an Intel card. I did all the tutorials, upgrading the driver, configuration changes, etc.... none of it worked. Realtek's Linux support just sucks royally.. there's really no other way around it.

I know it's not what you asked, but take it from a voice of experience.. Assuming you have a slot available, save yourself the headache and buy an Intel card. If I didn't have a slot available, I'd honestly buy a new motherboard with an Intel chipset.

• Intel cards are the best. I put them in my machines that have Realtek NICs. You have a driver issue with the Realtek card. Did you try upgrading to the backports kernel using the button inn OMV Extras. That is your only hope man.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!