Ugrade HW on server = reinstall ?

• Wondering if i have to reinstall OMW if i replace motherboard, cpu, memory and graphics..

From socket 775 to 1156 ..

Also replacing a standard sata kontrollercard with a Adaptec RAID 5805. (HDD`s in SW RAID)
    Anything in particular i need to think of here? Planning on using the card as sata controller untill i can afford 4 new bigger drives, then may go to HW raid..

• Offizieller Beitrag

You should be able to just move the install. I would install backports 3.16 kernel before moving if you aren't already using it. Run omv-firstaid after moving to fix networking or remove /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules before moving.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• The network IP(s) maybe the same, but I have generally found that the change of the NIC (thus MAC if only using the motherboard NIC) will cause the introduction of a new eth#. If you have a second NIC in a MB slot and are using that same NIC and it is eth1, then it will probably work fine on boot in the new MB. In that event the )new_ motherboard NIC may be seen at eth2. Regardless above advice is accurate.

• So it just happend. Everything replaced, up and running.. Exept, all drives are gone. Showing on boot on the raid controller, but not in OMW webpage. Do i need to install drivers for this RAID card? Adaptec RAID 5805

Or do i need to make every drive to JBOD on the controller..?

The manual says if i delete a JBOD, ill loose data. Not if i create one...

On a reboot, i found my drives, in the syslog.

Still not under Physical disks or RAID management..

Also, (maybe) in /dev directory, as sg0-8 ..

Guessing the question now is: How to mount them drives so i can use them, without loosing data? Or just go back to onboard SATA connectors, for the easy way..

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!