Can't create WebDAV folder

• Hi there,

I installed the WebDAV plugin from the repo, currently running Kralizec. Then I created a data folder , then a user with read/write access to this folder. Now the webdav page is accessible through https://raspi.local/webdav, and I can readily log in using the credentials created.

But for some reason, it doesn't let me create folders. I tried to make one called "test", and when trying to browse to it, I got this error message:

<d:error><s:sabredav-version>2.0.5</s:sabredav-version><s:exception>Sabre\DAV\Exception\NotFound</s:exception><s:message>File with name /media/dd967c97-79ec-43a2-96d6-407076c04545/webdav//test could not be located</s:message></d:error>

What does it mean?

The intent is to create a share that would be accessible through Zotero, then add a DDNS hostname so as to allow access through the Internet.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Can you try cadaver from either the system itself or another system?

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Using cadaver, I got this answer from the Terminal trying to create a folder on the remote share:

Code
    dav:/webdav/> mkdir zotero
    Creating `zotero': succeeded.
    dav:/webdav/> ls
    Listing collection `/webdav/': collection is empty.
    dav:/webdav/> cd zotero
    Could not access /webdav/zotero/ (not WebDAV-enabled?):
    404 Not Found
    dav:/webdav/>

It doesn't specifically said why it fails.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I can reproduce this. Must not be authenticated correctly. Maybe @HK-47 has an idea??

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Can you reach a directory that you've manually created in the shared folder via cadaver? Have you checked if the directory gets created or not (since it says succeeded)? Currently the plugin runs as user and group www-data so make sure it can read and write to the directory.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The www-data having permissions is the problem. Forgot about that.

• I gave the webdav data directory read and write permissions to the user. But somehow I still can't create the directory:

Code
    Authentication required for OpenMediaVault WebDAV on server `pi-printer.local':
    Username: usuario
    Password: 
    dav:/webdav/> mkdir zotero
    Creating `zotero': succeeded.
    dav:/webdav/>

Says directory is created, but actually it isn't, as shown by ls.

Then I manually enabled www-data group with read-write permissions to the webdav directory, and creation of the zotero directory suceeded. I don't get why the permissions seem incorrectly set up at first.

Back to Zotero, it starts uploading attached files, but stops without explanation a few minutes later, despite having uploaded some files. Any way to know why it's stopping?
    Does the webdav client has a timeout of some sort that may not do any good when uploading large batches?

• The www-data having permissions is the problem. Forgot about that.

Is this issue solved?

Installed openmediavault-webdav 2.0 and wasn't able to create folders or upload files at my-omv-server/webdav/

After I set manually rw-permission for user and group www-data for shared folder for webdav it worked.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!