Roadmap, date, ... for OpenMediaVault 3

• If you only use those three plugins, you could probably start using it now.

How much support is currently provided for OMV3? I am willing to upgrade to the latest release, but at the same time, I am extremely concerned that if I run in to any problems at all, I will be told to be quiet because OMV3 is in beta after all.

• Offizieller Beitrag

How much support is currently provided for OMV3? I am willing to upgrade to the latest release, but at the same time, I am extremely concerned that if I run in to any problems at all, I will be told to be quiet because OMV3 is in beta after all.

The same amount of support that OMV 2 gets.

I won't tell you to be quiet. If you have read my numerous other posts responding to people asking about OMV 3.x, the latest posts mostly say OMV 3.x is stable depending on the plugins you use.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• The same amount of support that OMV 2 gets.
    I won't tell you to be quiet. If you have read my numerous other posts responding to people asking about OMV 3.x, the latest posts mostly say OMV 3.x is stable depending on the plugins you use.

Well, since the WOL plugin is now supported by OMV3, it looks like everything I use is good to go. I'll look in to upgrading this weekend. Thanks!

• Offizieller Beitrag

upgrading

upgrading or installing fresh? The upgrade process does not go smoothly. Fresh installs are very good.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• upgrading or installing fresh? The upgrade process does not go smoothly. Fresh installs are very good.

I've tested the upgrade process several times in virtual machines, and the only problem I always run in to has to do with one of my plugins (do not remember which), but I have found that if I uninstall it and reinstall it, the problem goes away. I can do a clean install if it is the recommended way, but I will still test the upgrade to let you know which plugin causes the problem.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Ok. Just wanted to warn you.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Unless it is a really large SD card, I would just image the card the same way you wrote it the card initially. dd and win32diskimager both would work to make a back. gzip or 7zip the image to save space.

• Unless it is a really large SD card, I would just image the card the same way you wrote it the card initially. dd and win32diskimager both would work to make a back. gzip or 7zip the image to save space.

I've taken a backup of my system using DD and have copied on to laptop so that if necessary, I'll have easy access. I'm currently doing a test upgrade to OMV3 in VirtualBox. The only difference is that the test is being done directly on the machine, but I will be doing the RPi through SSH. Will that be a problem?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I've done plenty of upgrades via ssh.

• @votdev I did the test upgrade in VirtualBox, and everything went smoothly with the exception of problems with three plugins: Let's Encrypt, OpenVPN, and MySQL.

I haven't been able to get a helpful error message for the OpenVPN problem yet, but when I try to install Let's Encrypt, here's what happens.

The MySQL plugin installs just fine, but when I log in to the user interface, this keeps popping up every few seconds.

Here's the stack trace's full text:

Once I get more information on the OpenVPN problem, I'll post it here. I understand that a fresh start would be easier, but I want to learn more about Linux anyway. This will just help force me to get help and learn more.

• Offizieller Beitrag

everything went smoothly with the exception of problems with three plugins: Let's Encrypt, OpenVPN, and MySQL.

What is the output of: dpkg -l | grep openm

• Hello,
    I had similar issue with mySQL plugin and trasmission plugin, in both case I had to comment few lines in "/etc/openmediavault/config.xml":

For MySQL:
    <!-- <data.sharedfolderref>5075e3bc-62f4-4b95-97c3-5799fa0e3643</data.sharedfolderref> -->
    <!-- <show_tab>0</show_tab> -->

question: How do I configure MySQL path from Web Interface now?

For Transmission:
    <!-- <pexenabled>1</pexenabled> -->
    <!-- <dhtenabled>1</dhtenabled> -->
    <!-- <rpcurl>/transmission/</rpcurl> -->
    <!-- <rpcport>9091</rpcport> -->
    <!-- <rpcauthenticationrequired>1</rpcauthenticationrequired> -->
    <!-- <rpcusername>admin</rpcusername> -->
    <!-- <rpcpassword>openmediavault</rpcpassword> -->
    <!-- <blocklistenabled>0</blocklistenabled> -->
    <!-- <blocklistsyncenabled>0</blocklistsyncenabled> -->
    <!-- <blocklistsyncfrequency>daily</blocklistsyncfrequency> -->
    <!-- <blocklisturl>http://update.transmissionbt.com/level1.gz</blocklisturl> -->

Remarks: I guess in the version 3 blocklist and RPC are managed with different parameters within the file
    Issues: in settings.json PEX and DHT parameter has been cleared after applying some conf from OMV WebGui, breaking the daemon.

Hope to help with this feedback.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is it possible to have a Clonezilla plugin?

OMV-extras allow you to install the Clonezilla iso which can boot headless. What else are you looking for? You couldn't clone the OS drive because it is mounted.

• Offizieller Beitrag

You didn't post clonezilla server.

Unless you are doing high volume, I don't understand the point of clonezilla server. Install the pxe plugin. PXE boot the computer and create/restore an image to/from samba or nfs. I've imaged 20 systems this way and I don't know how it could get much faster.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!