proftpd.conf is reset after reboot

• My machine is with OMV 0.3x 64bit on USB thumb drive.
    At the very beginning, i find that i cannot upload anything to ftp and It is found that defaultroot is set to /home/ftp. I have modified it to ~ and restart the proftpd and works fine.
    However, once the NAS is rebooted, the proftpd.conf is reset to fresh status and the defaultroot is set to /home/ftp again.
    i have tried on OMV 0.3 64bit, OMV 0.2x 64bit and OMV0.2x 32bit. all of them encounter the same problem.

I am pretty frustrated and can anybody help?

• Config files are dynamically generated upon startup or config changes in gui. Manually modifying the config file is not needed for what you want to do.

If you set a shared folder, allow some users to modify it, then add this share in the ftp service, there should be no problem to upload a file through ftp for these users.

• i understand your meaning. let me put it in this way, is it possible to show corresponding home folder when different users log in and show the shared folders at the same time?

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat von "net"

i understand your meaning. let me put it in this way, is it possible to show corresponding home folder when different users log in and show the shared folders at the same time?

Maybe i did not understand your question correctly, but if you login via FTP as user 'testx' the homedir of 'testx' and all shared folders will be displayed.

• I have created an user 'abc' and created some shared folders with 'read/write' set correctly to user 'abc'
    When login to ftp with 'abc', it can be connected successfully and the shared folders are shown correctly.
    /
    /Music
    /Photos
    /Software

I can upload files to those shared folders but not in root directory '/' So, I check the proftpd.conf under '/etc/proftpd'.
    The defaultroot is set to '/home/ftp' but not '~'.

I modify the line 'defaultroot /home/ftp' to 'default ~' and restart proftpd service.

Reconnected to ftp with user 'abc', I can upload files to root directory '/' but all those shared folders are gone...

What's going on and what should I fix?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!