Preferred sync plugin

• I'm ready to get a syncing tool (as dropbox alternative) on my server running. I used to run btsync on a centos install but never really liked it. I've been reading about Owncloud but a lot of people on this forum don't seem to like it. Seafile is another alternative as is Syncthing. I don't really need a plugin just a good guide on how to install it on OMV.

In short: What is currently the preferred sync plugin for OpenMediaVault?

• Offizieller Beitrag

There is a syncthing plugin. Give it a try.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

I guess I didn't even know you could run your own discovery server. If you post info on how to implement it, I could look into it.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Hi Guys, just searching for some input for using Seafile.
    After I read the comments here I like to know how secure is Syncthing. Just wondering because normally the UPNP function is always recommended to turn off for security purposes.

@clooner how is your experience so far with syncthing?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Seems easy enough. Maybe I will have a chance to add that.

• I think I should post a "feature request" here for the Syncthing plugin.
    What I would like the syncthing plugin to do would be to inherit its parent folder ACLs. At this time, if you sync a folder as the user "father", it creates the files with permissions only for "father", so what I'm facing is that if I log in via SMB with user "mother" at the Sync folder, "mother" user can not delete files created by Syncthing as "father" despite the permissions in the sync folder are set to give Read-Write to "father" and "mother" simultaneously.

Could be any way to change this behaviour? If not, I'm planning to use a cron job to run every some minutes, which would set the permissions of the subfolders of Syncthing the same as its parent folder.

Thanks for your time.
    Guillem

DISCLAIMER: :!: I'm not a native English speaker, I'm sorry if I don't explain as good as you would want. :!:

My NAS:
    Always the latest OMV Erasmus running on an AMD Sempron 3850 @1.3GHz with 4.9.0 Backports Kernel
    with 120GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO for OpenMediaVault & 2x500GB Primary Data HDD + 1TB Secondary HDD for Backup & 2TB USB 3.0 External HDD for offline backup

Plugin list:
    Flash Memory, Locate, OMV-Extras.org, RSnapshot, Sensors, Syncthing, SMB/CIFS, SSH, USB Backup
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Zitat

The Schrödinger's code is that one which is going to work and it's full of bugs at the same time; until you test it, you won't be able to determine it.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Syncthing does not understand ACL AFAIK.

the problem that you're dealing is probably with it the umask of the process or user creating the files. Syncthing does replicate permissions (not ownership) from the remote side correctly as I use it all the time.

And there is nothing that the plugin can do, we don't develop here syncthing. The plugin is just a front end to launch multiple instances of syncthing. You have to separate thing plugin vs binary.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!