How to See NAS shared files on iPhone?

• Hi @ all,

can you please advise how can I see my NAS files (Fotos Videos , Music) on my iPhone?
    What is the best way to do it? DLNA, FTP?
    Do I need to install an separate app on the iPhone? I yes, which is the best one?

Many thanks in advance,

JD

• Offizieller Beitrag

I use FileBrowser and nPlayer. Just configure samba shares.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• No they don't.
    Plex or Emby are for viewing content on the phone. They don't allow upload. You didn't say you wanted to upload.

If you want access to the files, including upload and sync, have you looked at NextCloud ?

• On your iPhone open the default files app.

If you don’t see the Blue files folder on your home page go to App Store, search files, and open the Apple “Files” app.

In the upper right side of left side bar click the … in a circle button, then choose connect to server, address, bar type, smb://OMV-IPaddress/sharedfoldername/anysubdir

Then type in the user and pw for that share.

It should pull up the folder/files for browsing.

It will keep the server info for that connection the next time you open Files.

It will also include it in the send files option from other apps that can browse send options.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!