Ok, Im done with AUFS. How should I set out my disks?

• Hi Guys,
    I've rebuilt my OMV1 box with OMV2 and resetup AUFS again. All was working well for a few days but I have the same "invalid device" errors again that I was getting in OMV 1.

1 x 4TB parity, content
    2 x 4TB, data and content.

= 1 AUFS pool and snapraid.

Checking the permissions, again it seems one of the disks isn't updating the permissions, or if a folder is deleted on the pool, it isnt updating the disk event after a sync using th omv-snapraid-diff script. I just want a working solution so I want to know how I should have my media such it is protected by drive failure.

Should I:
    1) setup different shared folders on each drive, still running snapraid
    2) setup different shared folders on each drive and use maybe rsync to copy the data to alternate drives?
    3) Anything else?

I dont want to use AUFS anymore, its doing my head in and wasting my time.

• I’m not an expert on AUFS but if you want to try something a little more stable try MHDDFS (same plugin I think) as it has been reported in other websites to be a bit more robust.

Can I ask why you are pooling your disks? Is it for media files? In this case there’s a nice guide on this forum written by tekkb here…it may be useful.

I hope that this helps.
    FT

• Thanks FT.. I hadnt read before of using symlinks on OMV.

Why do I want to pool? Its my media server, and file server. Media server has many files, large in size and will eventually span drives although not as yet.

Question - If I were to use symlinks on disk 2 and disk 3, can I use SNAPRAID and have a parity disk on disk1 without issue?

• I'm in the same boat. I can't seem to get some plugins working, getting setfacl errors and read that AUFS doesn't support ACLs?

I am pooling multiple disks with SnapRAID for redundancy. Similar, it's a media server with generally large and/or static files. Can I add to your questions:

- will symlinks work with reading/writing to multiple disks? which disks will the files be written to?
    - how does mhddfs go with ACLs?

Any advice appreciated, the ACL problem is preventing me setting up a VirtualBox as well as other things :( I was able to get OwnCloud installed by not using the union drive, but that sort of defeats the purpose of having it, right?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!