Adding a USB HDD which contains data

• A drive that is formatted ext4 can be integrate without any problems. You just mount the filesystem normally in the File Systems section. Then you can create new shared folders with OMV and move data into them. Or add existing folders to the shared folders. If you are adding existing folders you need to select the path. Also, be aware that the chown and chmod will be altered. You may not want this for an existing folder if you plan on moving it back to another system.

• I installed the usbmount package into my OMV 2.0. It seems very well behaved, just like on my other Debian Wheezy boxes.

Are there any reasons that I shouldn't have done this?

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Then perhaps there is something wrong with my OMV install?

Before installing usbmount, if I plug a thumbdrive into a USB port on my OMV box, I have to log into the GUI, navigate to Storage | File Systems, click on the newly discovered device, and then click on Mount. Then I can access the thumbdrive.

By saying you don't think having usbmount installed was necessary, are you implying that stock OMV should automount devices plugged into USB ports?

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• OMV doesn't automount USB drives to my knowledge. As tekkb mentioned, the USB disk can be mounted in the file systems section.

Thanks for clearing that up.

That's why I like usbmount - it does automount USB drives when plugged in. It umounts them when removed too. Highly recommended.

--

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!