Correct procedure for upgrading to 0.3 with plugins

• Hi,

I'm actually running OMV 0.2.7.4 and I would like to upgrade to 0.3. I've read Volker's tutorial on how to upgrade and checked if my plugins are ready for 0.3 (git, sql, transmissionbt, website, nut) and seems that is all ok. Now I now that I have to upgrade also the omv-plugins plugin from the "ix" version to the "omnius" version by manually uploading it in the web gui. If I run the update manager nothing shows up and my current plugins versions are these:

git: 0.1.1
    sql: 0.1.8
    transmissionbt: 0.2.10.3
    nut: 0.1.8
    omvpluginsorg: 0.2.2.1

My questions are:
    1) Do I need to remove the old omv-pluging plugin before uploading the "omnius" one?
    2) Do I need to do this before or after upgrading to OMV 0.3 following Volker's tutorial? And in the case I have to do this before, do I need to upgrade the other plugins before or after the OMV 0.3 upgrade?

Many thanks in advance

OMV last 64bit on AMD Sempron LE-1250 - 4GB ram - Leaf Computer 4 port SATA II pci
    6x1TB WD Green RAID5 - IDE 80GB+60GB JBOD - 60GB SSD OS
    NZXT Source 210 Elite

• After having followed Volker's instruction to update from 0.2.x to 0.3.x, simply run the following commands and it should update everything to latest version available.

Code
    cd /tmp
    wget http://packages.omv-plugins.org/pool/main/o/openmediavault-omvpluginsorg/openmediavault-omvpluginsorg_0.3.4_all.deb
    dpkg -i openmediavault-omvpluginsorg_0.3.4_all.deb
    apt-get update
    apt-get dist-upgrade

I had to do it this way because transmission plugin was generating an error everytime I tried to log in webgui.

• thank you for your answer

no problems with existing filesystems and raids?
    can I do all this via SSH or do I need to operate directly on the nas?

thanks

OMV last 64bit on AMD Sempron LE-1250 - 4GB ram - Leaf Computer 4 port SATA II pci
    NZXT Source 210 Elite

• There shouldn't be any problem with existing filesystems and raids. Basicaly, the commands only download latest omv-plugins plugin then update OMV+plugins to their latest version available on repository.

You can do it via SSH or directly on NAS, the choice is yours. You'll have to be logged in as root or at least run the last 3 commands with sudo.

• ok I modified the files with nano and ran the commands you suggested but after the last command it says that omv-plugin requires omv 0.3 and I have installed 0.2.7.4, it suggests to try using "apt-get -f install". Is this safe?
    or maybe I should run "apt-get -f dist-upgrade"..

thanks

NZXT Source 210 Elite

• that worked, thanks anyway.

NZXT Source 210 Elite

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!