SnapRaid 8 - best way to automate

• OMV 2.x

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• SnapRaid 8 - best way to automate

Hi All,

After a rebuild of OMV on 2.1 I have setup Snapraid 8.1 again and want to know the best way to keep the disks updated automatically.
      I used to run nightly the omv-snapraid-diff script but this was quite old and wonder if I still should be using that to automate. I should also mention I had issues with what I supect was AUFS in the past so have taken this out of this particular build, but the issue could have been related to the omv-snapraid-diff script. That particular issue was permissions across files and one drive not getting updated with permissions and deletions causing "invalid device" when accessing files.

Is this omv-snapraid-diff script still required or is there some sort of automation built into OMV that I can run through cron?
    • switched wrote:

...the omv-snapraid-diff script but this was quite old

It wasn't changed a long time, but it still works. What did not work for you? Newer is not better

switched wrote:

Is this omv-snapraid-diff script still required or is there some sort of automation built into OMV that I can run through cron?

You can do a sync also with cron, but with the script you can choose, not to sync if more than X files are changed or setup scrubbing
      "Glowing days. Don't cry because they are over. Smile because they happened." - Confucius

Server: 1x 32GB SSD (system) - 5x 2TB Data - 1x 2TB Snapraid-Parity - latest OMV 1.x
      No Support through PM
      Tutorials --- Howto install OMV-Extras --- Upgrade/Update-Problems --- If autoshutdown doesn' -work