Docker fails to install, missing configure image

• Hello,

I've updated my kernel to the 3.16 backport and tried to install Docker via OMV-Extras. During the install (via the CLI) i get the following error:

Once this error happens, i can't actually uninstall the (now half-installed/broken) package without editing "/var/lib/dpkg/info/openmediavault-docker.postrm" and commenting out the line about stopping docker (it tries to stop it when i go to uninstall and when it can't find it, it breaks and cancels the uninstall). Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated. Also, i'm on build 1.34 of OMV.

• Tried another uninstall then ran "rm -rf /var/lib/docker" and it deleted a few things in there (minus the aufs folder, which it said it could not remove for some reason).

However, now when i tried to re-install i got the following error:

Code
    Get http:///var/run/docker.sock/v1.20/containers/json: dial unix /var/run/docker.sock: no such file or directory.
    * Are you trying to connect to a TLS-enabled daemon without TLS?
    * Is your docker daemon up and running?
    Get http:///var/run/docker.sock/v1.20/images/configure/json: dial unix /var/run/docker.sock: no such file or directory.
    * Are you trying to connect to a TLS-enabled daemon without TLS?
    * Is your docker daemon up and running?
    /var/lib/dpkg/info/openmediavault-docker.postinst: 78: [: unexpected operator
    /var/lib/dpkg/info/openmediavault-docker.postinst: 85: [: false: unexpected operator
    • Offizieller Beitrag

I would try the openmediavault-docker-gui package instead. It is still in testing though.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Looks like that one installed correctly, thanks! I had assumed that I needed to install both (one being the GUI and the other being just docker itself). On the initial install, i think i had checked both of them, could that have caused the issue?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Not sure. The -gui plugin probably will replace the other. No need to install both.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!