Help with ethtool WOL a.s.o.

• Hello experts,

i tried to use the WOL option but the Manual referenced for ethtool in the GUI is of no help for me - a total *-nix newbie ....

and

my problem - i don't have any idea how to use the WOL settings - like m (my guess a magic password pattern)
    and in my bios i can only set wake on PCIE/PCI - but no other parameters - so for every round robin or broadcast call
    from the router the system wakes up ....

so please can you tell me how to use nettool because i am quite ?(

cheers ahab666
    the system starts ....

• @subzero79

An Asus Z97 C ... uefi bios ... settings APM for PCI-E/PCI there are only 2 settings - activated and not activatet ....

if activated it will start with any kind of network traffic - so router-broadcasts start the pc - even if there is nothing to do for it ....

• @subzero79

makes no difference at all - so i wondered what the

Supports Wake-on: pumbg
    Wake-on: g

means and how i can tell the network-card (on board or else) only to switch on the comnputer if there is a magic packet received rather than any kind of packet ....

cheers - ahab

• @gderf

thx for the link - altering the biossettings did not solve my problem but as the guy in your first link replied ... not really obvious -

network stack in bios meant booting an OS via the network (at least in the old days)

now i just need to find a wol tool for windows that works - somehow the router or the switches seem to block the wol packages ...

cheers - ahab666

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!