Plex prevent my hardrives to spindown [OMV EXTRAS]

• I have installed the Plexserver plugin to my NAS and it seems that it prevents my disks (3x3TB WD RED) to spindown when not in use. Is there a fix for this, eg. to move the settings folder of the Plexserver to the OS disk (a 120 GB samsung SSD) or any other settings than I can configure?

• OMV 4 issue the same... I disable :
    - debuging
    - notifications & automatisms...
    - dlna

but i can't find disable loging option... and normally I have ssd drive for system and logging.. but Plex still awakes data drive with writing 1 log file..

• Unfortunately I don't use docker..
    and the option to change the folder location is grayed out in OMV in the PLEX plugin.. and still its is common location for all Plex folder - and this could be quite big..

I try to not change manually configuration - when updating later I have a lot of mess..

May by symlink will be the solution.. i will try to that.. although I'm skeptical that a reference to symlink will not wake up the disk..

[edit]
    After moving log folder to /var/log.. drive awakes from standby state.. but Plex is doing a lot of things on drives.. (with chmod -R on plex folder on each start.. ;) ) i will give him some time and try to sleep drive again..

• Unfortunately, with the new plex it is not possible to put the disks in standby mode .. plex still checks the disks .. I uninstalled the plex because of this. I am looking for something else for replace... or accept that drive works constantly..

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!