Openvpn as conection with windows KO (Android&IOS OK).

• You are using the OpenVPN AS plugin???? You are making it too hard. It is so simple on a Windows machine.

1) You have to install java on the Windows machine:

Code
    https://www.java.com/en/

2) You have to use Internet Explorer (Chrome is no longer supporting Java)

3) Enter this address for the webserver where you can install the clients.

Code
    https://ipofyouromv:943

Click on "show all content at the bottom" of the browser if it shows.

4) Put in the username and password for the user you would like to login with from your Windows machine.
    Make sure "connect" is in the drop down next to "Go"
    Click on "Go" and follow the prompts to install

5) If it does not automatically connect you should at least find the client running in the system tray. Right click on the client icon and click on connect. Remember you will likely have to be on another network besides your LAN to test.

• Thanks a lot for your reply tekkb.
    I finally solved the problem installing the client provided on the official web... :)

• Yes, it works but you are using the community client with the AS server. You should be using the OpenVPN AS client.

Hi tekkb,

I wanted to try your method but I figured out that it was the same thing that I did in the first time!
    If you read my first post...
    Connecting to my OMV (https://X.X.X.X:943) from another network than my LAN of course...downloading the client and connecting.

But it doesn't work! That's why I changed my client...

I have tried on different windows computer and the message is the same (look at my snapshot please...)

• No, but the instructions I gave above should work. Did you get the login page?

The OpenVPN AS site that you login to sets up it's own SSL cert. You don't have to do anything.

Of course I get the login page and I have downloaded the client for windows selecting it on the menu.
    The client which I downloaded is already pre-configured to connect to my server with the public IP address.
    Once installed, I click connect and get this message...

I Don't have this problem with the community client...

• I just looked at attached picture above. You did not follow instructions for setting up the server. There is an information page on the plugin. If you followed the directions you would only be using port udp 1194 and tcp 943. The client would not be using port 443.

• I just looked at attached picture above. You did not follow instructions for setting up the server. There is an information page on the plugin. If you followed the directions you would only be using port udp 1194 and tcp 943. The client would not be using port 443.

...You are absolutely right...
    strange thing that with IOS, Android and macosx was ok..

Problem solved.

Thanks tekkb

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!