OMV-Extras-Backup-System backup

• Hello!
    How are you?

Only to understand how utility works!

In omv extras - backup - system backup. When I created this backup, it does operating system backup, right, ok!

Questions:

This mean that it makes backup of all omv and yours configurations into system and operating system?
    If yes,
    How to restore this backup if the disk from OMV operating system fail?

Yes, this backup is on other disk, not the same that fail disk, course!

I want to know how back OMV operating system quickly if disc fail and I need make operating system up in little time.

Is it possible?

Thanks your attention and help

Douglas

Douglas Giovani Oechsler
    Prudentópolis-PR-Brazil

• Offizieller Beitrag

This mean that it makes backup of all omv and yours configurations into system and operating system?

Yes backups all system OS drive, including the mbr to a separate file. Excludes folder /dev, proc and /sys for obvious reasons

How to restore this backup if the disk from OMV operating system fail?

An mid-advanced linux user should be able to put back the system booting systemrescuecd or any other live distro. Is not easy, involves putting the files back to newly formatted disk, installing grub (or put back the mbr with dd), modify fstab for the uuid, recreate the folders mentioned before. Is not easy for a beginner user in the terminal.

I want to know how back OMV operating system quickly if disc fail and I need make operating system up in little time.

Is it possible?

I think your best option is to use clonezilla, it will image the whole block device to a file, if something goes wrong boot clonezilla and put the image back, ready to go.

• Hello subzero!

Thanks your help, I wiil test clonezilla in VM

I need to backup data from other server to one of OMV's data discs. I choose data disc, user and password but, when I try to connect, back: authentication filed. Read some foruns and OMV forum, I will need to generate ssh_key on primary system and copy to OMV /etc.... to authenticate correctly?

I Think that I need follow this:
    https://hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu/…ssh_public_key_howto.html

Thank you subzero!

Douglas Giovani Oechsler
    Prudentópolis-PR-Brazil

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von doguibnu ()

• The user needs to be under the ssh group, if you're using ssh. With clonezilla I think you can use nfs and samba

I am sorry subzero. Clonezilla I wil test backup from OMV operating system in vm.

The other option (ssh) is to use with servers here. I put the user on ssh group, and ok, access. To have a directory work, I need enable location in user setting, right?
    If yes,
    I try to this, but I think nobody can be working on server, because it does not let me makes change when users connect it.

Thank you attention and help!

Douglas Giovani Oechsler
    Prudentópolis-PR-Brazil

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!