Issue resizing logical volume

• I had a 2TB logical volume, which was almost full. So I extended the volume to 2.5TB in the GUI. That worked fine. However, when I tried to extend the file system through the GUI, I got an error.

I tried doing the same from the shell, and I got an error as well: "resize2fs: Operation not permitted While trying to add group #16384"

After some Googling, it turned out that the problem was that my journal became too small. I solved it by rebooting in single user mode, removing the journal and recreating it (commands are found here: http://blog.rbrt.com/2009/07/r…oken-your-journal-is.html). It went from 64M to 128M. After that, a resize went fine.

I'm not sure why this issue occured. Either it is by design and I ran into a limit. Or it is caused by the way OMV creates its filesystems (with a journal file that is too small).

Posting this in case someone runs into the same issue, and maybe for a dev to have a look at it.

• Not sure what happend. Maybe the default for createing a fs <2TB will create a journal like this. I have created a 6TB volume with a 6TB FS on it, without any issue. Good to now the solution. Thanks

Everything is possible, sometimes it requires Google to find out how.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!