OMV configuration backup

• Did you unmount the OS partition when you first did that (quote) and I told you to exit and re-run Clonezilla? That's may be because you mounted the OS disk at first and you went back and it's still mounted because I don't see any sda (usually the OS drive) in the disk list.

I have never had any problem using clonezilla and I'm a n00b in Linux and all that stuff with SSH and I don't find it that complicated! Maybe I'm not explaining myself very good but after all, the program itself explains what every parameter does...

DISCLAIMER: :!: I'm not a native English speaker, I'm sorry if I don't explain as good as you would want. :!:

My NAS:
    Always the latest OMV Erasmus running on an AMD Sempron 3850 @1.3GHz with 4.9.0 Backports Kernel
    with 120GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO for OpenMediaVault & 2x500GB Primary Data HDD + 1TB Secondary HDD for Backup & 2TB USB 3.0 External HDD for offline backup

Plugin list:
    Flash Memory, Locate, OMV-Extras.org, RSnapshot, Sensors, Syncthing, SMB/CIFS, SSH, USB Backup
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Zitat

The Schrödinger's code is that one which is going to work and it's full of bugs at the same time; until you test it, you won't be able to determine it.

• Thanks. If I miss and select a device as /home/partimag that I don't want to use, it's as simple as going back to command line and

Code
    umount /dev/sdX

where X is the device you want to unmount and then you're ready to go and run clonezilla again to select a new /home/partimag location wothout needing to reboot to Clonezilla.

Hope it helps other people in trouble ^^

DISCLAIMER: :!: I'm not a native English speaker, I'm sorry if I don't explain as good as you would want. :!:

My NAS:
    Always the latest OMV Erasmus running on an AMD Sempron 3850 @1.3GHz with 4.9.0 Backports Kernel
    with 120GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO for OpenMediaVault & 2x500GB Primary Data HDD + 1TB Secondary HDD for Backup & 2TB USB 3.0 External HDD for offline backup

Plugin list:
    Flash Memory, Locate, OMV-Extras.org, RSnapshot, Sensors, Syncthing, SMB/CIFS, SSH, USB Backup
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Zitat

The Schrödinger's code is that one which is going to work and it's full of bugs at the same time; until you test it, you won't be able to determine it.

• gsola is correct. It is best to create your backup folder in the root of one of your data drives before you even boot up to Clonezilla. I had old Tutorial on this as well. I call mine backup though. I have other subfolders for backups in that folder but Clonezilla images are placed in that folder not in a subfolder.

Nice job Gsola.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!