[EASY GUIDE]How to sync Owncloud from 5 to 10 times faster using MySQL:

• Tired of having my owncloud client syncing at a terrible speed of several kB/s using a Wireless N LAN I found an easy way to change the owncloud's default database engine (SQLite :thumbdown:) to MySQL (or postgreSQL).
    The link is this one: http://www.tutorialgeek.net/20…ncloud-server-sync-5.html

I'm going to make a little overview for you to not having to read all the article:

Now you are ready to go with a superfast sync speed with the owncloud client (compared to SQLite) :thumbup:

DISCLAIMER: :!: I'm not a native English speaker, I'm sorry if I don't explain as good as you would want. :!:

My NAS:
    Always the latest OMV Erasmus running on an AMD Sempron 3850 @1.3GHz with 4.9.0 Backports Kernel
    with 120GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO for OpenMediaVault & 2x500GB Primary Data HDD + 1TB Secondary HDD for Backup & 2TB USB 3.0 External HDD for offline backup

Plugin list:
    Flash Memory, Locate, OMV-Extras.org, RSnapshot, Sensors, Syncthing, SMB/CIFS, SSH, USB Backup
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Zitat

The Schrödinger's code is that one which is going to work and it's full of bugs at the same time; until you test it, you won't be able to determine it.

• Of course. If owncloud is yet using MySQL you don't have this issue, but if you install the Owncloud plugin, it creates an SQLite DB as default and its performance is very poor in comparison to MySQL/PostgreSQL.

[OFF TOPIC] Maybe this thread should be placed to GUIDES after reviewed by moderators? @ryecoaaron @tekkb [/OFF TOPIC]

DISCLAIMER: :!: I'm not a native English speaker, I'm sorry if I don't explain as good as you would want. :!:

My NAS:
    Always the latest OMV Erasmus running on an AMD Sempron 3850 @1.3GHz with 4.9.0 Backports Kernel
    with 120GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO for OpenMediaVault & 2x500GB Primary Data HDD + 1TB Secondary HDD for Backup & 2TB USB 3.0 External HDD for offline backup

Plugin list:
    Flash Memory, Locate, OMV-Extras.org, RSnapshot, Sensors, Syncthing, SMB/CIFS, SSH, USB Backup
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Zitat

The Schrödinger's code is that one which is going to work and it's full of bugs at the same time; until you test it, you won't be able to determine it.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!