Multiple computers, 1 NAS file system

• You mean like a Cluster FS ???? There was some work done a plugin for this and use with the RPis. I don't think Aaron finished it.

Something like this????

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

• Wow, sorry for the looong delay. I'm thinking of adding another computer box running OMV, so there would be 2 boxes with HDD's(movies). ie 2 16TB computers running OMV. Is there a way to combine both boxes FS into 1. So another computer(player) would "see" 1 FS of movies.

• Wow, sorry for the looong delay. I'm thinking of adding another computer box running OMV, so there would be 2 boxes with HDD's(movies). ie 2 16TB computers running OMV. Is there a way to combine both boxes FS into 1. So another computer(player) would "see" 1 FS of movies.

You don't need to combine the 2 OMVs.
    Using Kodi (libreelec) as the OS on your dedicated player hardware, you add the 2 OMV boxes as seperate sources.
    Kodi will then 'scrape' your sources and create a library of content.
    Content organisation, correct naming of files and folders is paramount to getting a highly accurate library.
    Add an Xbox One tv tuner and you've got tv on that box aswell.

If you're starting from scratch, it's a long road with a lot of hard lessons, but massive benefits.
    Back up your data with at the very least a 1:1 offline.
    GLHF

Fan of OMV, but not a fan of over-complication.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!