Another blank webgui - corrupt USB

• Hi all,
    I'm a bit of a noob with linux, but have been running this on my NAS for quite a while without issue. Today I ran an update and it crashed during update and now I can't access the webgui - no login boxes.

I've rebooted the server (repeatedly)
    Tried private mode
    Different browsers
    Different computers

I think I'm ok for space

Zitat

root@OMV01:~# apt-get clean
    W: Not using locking for read only lock file /var/cache/apt/archives/lock

read only files?

Zitat

root@OMV01:~# apt-get install links
    W: Not using locking for read only lock file /var/lib/dpkg/lock
    E: Unable to write to /var/cache/apt/
    E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.

I'm guessing my issue is to do with certain parts being read only, however as a bit of an idiot on linux type stuff I am unsure what to do, so any help appreciated.

Chris

• I'm still trying ...

root@OMV01:~# sudo rm -f /var/lib/dpkg/lock
    rm: cannot remove `/var/lib/dpkg/lock': Read-only file system
    root@OMV01:~# ls -l /var/lib/dpkg/lock
    -rw-r----- 1 root root 0 Sep 12 10:00 /var/lib/dpkg/lock

• Ok, drives unplugged and trying fresh install, thx for the advice and I'll let you know how I get on ... I've been meaning to clone the USB for a while just in case something happened to it, guess I left it too late.

• Ok, not going too well

It can see the array as said before, but when I try and mount it I get the error

• Updated and installed omv extras as soon as it was installed.

During install I had 2x usb devices, one as source for install files, the other as destination for the o/s. All physical hard disks were unplugged. The source with install files is now removed and 5 hdd for the array are installed and the array is showing as clean.

• Yay! it worked, thanks very much for your help subzero79

Bedtime me thinks ... I'll setup the shares and permissions again tomorrow, then when it's all done I'll clone the USB for emergencies ;)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!