Can't Select a drive to make file structure.

• Hello! I am completely new to this so I am a bit lost.

When I go to make a new file system, and hit the "CREATE" button, then hit the drop down menu for "Devices" nothing comes up and thus I can not make a file system.

I have only one partition, a 600gb HDD that OMV is installed on to.

Is there something I need to do to activate this so I can use it to make the file system? Until I figure this out I am rather SOL.

Thanks!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Yes you didn't partition your disk (the omv installer doesn't allow it either). The OS disk is reserved for the omv and cannot be used for sharing folders.

You can boot systemrescuecd and use gparted to re size the partition. After partition, format the disk in OMV, then mount it and then you will be able to create shared folders

• Yes you didn't partition your disk (the omv installer doesn't allow it either). The OS disk is reserved for the omv and cannot be used for sharing folders.

You can boot systemrescuecd and use gparted to re size the partition. After partition, format the…

So I went ahead and did that. Still can't do it. I am at a loss now.

I used gparted and resized the partition. Then with that created a new partition, gave it a name and such.

Went into the web client of OMV, it is listed. I mounted it. Still cannot select it.

Did I mistep somewhere? Am I not supposed to use the "new" function in gparted to format the empty made from resizing the original single partition?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!