Docker GUI plugin now stable

• Bit lazy, but I read the guide, which is nice, also looked through the forum but no avail. I have some trouble with permissions on the volume folders. I installed a Logitechmediaserver in Docker, and can mount my /music folder ok, but the medie-scanner cannot scan subfolders in the mount. There must be something with Docker and user/group. A little hint would be nice.

THX

A "quick" solution would probably be to give execute and read rights on all subdirectories and read rights on all files to "all" (chmod a+rx and chmod a+r respectively).

EDIT: I forgot to ask, which docker image is it you're using for LMS? I'm searching for one myself :)

• A "quick" solution would probably be to give execute and read rights on all subdirectories and read rights on all files to "all" (chmod a+rx and chmod a+r respectively).

EDIT: I forgot to ask, which docker image is it you're using for LMS? I'm searching for one myself :)

I'm using this one: https://hub.docker.com/r/jinglemansweep/logitechmediaserver/

It's running fine and I can even use the 3'rd party Spotify plugin on it with my classic players. I had an install of LMS running on the server, which I removed, and now it's running in docker using very few resources. It's even faster now. Docker is really a very nice addition to the server. It amazes me how light it's running. I have been using KVM on another server for a decade and I really have to change my paradigm on using containers instead.

Ok, I can chmod the folders.

Thank you for your answer.

• I think it may be a good idea to change the default filesystem driver to "devicemapper". It looks like AUFS (the current default) has some bugs with Fedora based containers. Some RPMs try to use "cpio" to install things and it turns out AUFS doesn't quite work with that when running inside of an LXC container, you get a CAP_CPIO error.

Adding

Code
    DOCKER_OPTS="-s devicemapper"

to the `/etc/default/docker` fixed this for me and I was able to get FreeIPA to start afterwards too.

• I am trying to install pyspider with the commands taken from http://docs.pyspider.org/en/la…ing-pyspider-with-Docker/ i am trying to install pyspider an apparently I am doing something wrong in the gui.

The commands are as follows:

So I am doing the following:
    1. I install mysql from the docker gui adding MYSQL_ALLOW_EMPTY_PASSWORD=yes at the environment variables and /data/mysql /var/lib/mysql to the "Volumes and Bind mounts"
    2. I install rabbitmq from the docker gui
    3. "result worker" This is the interesting part: The command:

Code
    docker run --name result_worker -m 128m --link mysql:mysql --link rabbitmq:rabbitmq binux/pyspider:latest result_worker

I interpre it as putting:
    container name:result_worker
    extra arguments: -m 128m -d --link mysql:mysql --link rabbitmq:rabbitmq binux/pyspider:latest result_worker
    4. the same for the other processes.

The problem:

• All the CONTAINERS show STATUS: Restarting() except the rabbitmq container.
    • Messages log:

• aufs au_opts_verify:1570:docker[15860]: dirperm1 breaks the protection by the permission bits on the lower branch
      • device veth99d277c entered promiscuous mode
      • IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): vethe253ed7: link is not ready
      • docker0: port 1(veth99d277c) entered forwarding state
      • docker0: port 1(veth99d277c) entered disabled state
      • IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): vethe253ed7: link becomes ready

I suspect it has something to do with the way the way I try to start linked containers. Any ideas? What is the proper way to use "--link" docker parameters?

• I looked at that image, but it's using a build of LMS that's about a year old. I'm not sure how much development has gone into the software during this time (maybe none) but I decided to make my own version of an LMS image. It's using the latest (24:th of October) nightly build of the 7.9 branch and also allows you to specify user/group (UID/GID) that should run the service. This also makes it possible to run LMS without having to make your music collection world readable. Give it a try if you want :) It's called nicjo814/docker-lms

• Introducing a setting that allows you to change file system driver sounds like a good idea. I'm a bit reluctant to change the default though since I'm not sure what other effects that might have on running systems. I don't think I'll be able to build/test it in quite some time I'm afraid...

• @antman Can you try to run the commands from CLI to see if they work? I've not looked at how to link containers yet...

EDIT: By the way, the -d parameter is already added to the command line by the GUI. Also the name of the image is added by the GUI so these should not be part of the extra args...

• Yes it seems to be working. I had to sudo everything. There are a few errors but the webui is operational.
    I also did a

Code
    sudo apt-get install aufs-tools

but it was probably unnecessary because even there was an "auplink" error the container was running
    Half the result here, half after the time limit...

• --> CONTINUED from previous due to char limit

• --> continued due to char limit

• -->continued

• Well, when I did it, all my existing containers vanished, so...that's probably an issue :-P. One of the problems I'm going to run into here soon is goign to be plugin related. I'm trying to build a FreeIPA plugin to provide a first class Directory implementation to OMV. FreeIPA creates a server with LDAP, Kerberos, DNS, and other things integrated to support managing of network users, groups, hosts, as well as sudo, selinux, and host login policies, domain trusts with AD, etc. It's all wrapped up nicely in a web UI. The problem is, I *might* need to use the device mapper driver for it, but I'm not sure yet. I'll know more later. The major issue here is that when installing the plugin, I'd need to switch the docker daemon over to that driver, potentially blowing away people's containers or creating other weird behavior. I'm not sure of the best way to solve that yet.

• I'm trying to build a FreeIPA plugin to provide a first class Directory implementation to OMV. FreeIPA creates a server with LDAP, Kerberos, DNS, and other things integrated to support managing of network users, groups, hosts, as well as sudo, selinux, and host login policies, domain trusts with AD, etc.

This sounds really nice, too bad I don't have any need for such a solution at the moment :) I'll keep it in mind though...

Alright, it looks like I only need devicemapper to build the image, not to run the container. Awesome.

Great news!

• This is antman as antman2. Apparently the site had a problem showing the submitted reply and when I reposted the antman account was banned.

I tested the commands in the post you linked to and used the following settings in the GUI:

The --name parameters are set in the corresponding input field
    The --link parameters are defined as extra params input field
    The -p (ports) are defined in the port forwarding input fields
    The --no-xmlrpc parameter is defined in the extra params input field
    The -m (memory) parameters are defined in the extra params input field

I got the webui up and running, but I don't know if it worked since I don't know what it actually does :)

• Really good job for this plugin ! You have done all what I don't have the time to do ! :) !!! A real gui for OMV !!! It's perfect !

Just a little bug I've got, no way to pull an image like _/owncloud probably because of the "_" ! Finaly, just use owncloud ^^

One last time : really good job for all OMV + plugins it's just perfect to have a complete NAS at home and also to manage a dedicated server !!!

Thanks a lot !

PS Is it possible to make a monthly donation to the projet ? (I don't see anything about on http://www.openmediavault.org/donate.html ) ?

• Offizieller Beitrag

You can setup a reoccurring payment in paypal.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!