Docker GUI plugin now stable

• Offizieller Beitrag

The expected behavior should be that I click on start it will start the container.

No. None of the menu buttons in OMV do this.

If not, it should show the other options.

I guess I could change the button type but this really is a minor issue.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

If not, it should show the other options.

This is fixed in 4.1.4.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• The docker image does not get added after pulling, it appears there is a write permission error somewhere. Investigating.

Does this project have a git repo I can file a pull and issue at?

Thanks!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Does this project have a git repo I can file a pull and issue at?

https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…iavault-docker-gui/issues

• would it be possible to add a column to the docker containers list with the IP address/port where the container is running? i have several containers, some of them using macvlan network driver and when assigning a port or ip number to a new container i need to click "modify" on all my containers so i see what ports are free.

SuperMicro CSE-825, X11SSH-F, Xeon E3-1240v6, 32 GB ECC RAM, LSI 9211-8i HBA controller, 2x 8 TB, 1x 4 TB, 1x3TB, MergerFS+SnapRAID

Powered by Proxmox VE

• This plugin is mostly at is current state and it will probably not be ported next release There are better alternatives atm, Check portainer. Other than that you can submit a pr to github for a change.

Do you think you'll make a portainer plug-in? Or you will suggest to just install it using the official guide? Also: there is some way to manage my already running container with portainer?
    P.S. Can I contribute at the wiki in some way? I learned a lot throught those years and made some guide for myself already. I'm not a programmer but I would love to contribute in some way :)

Intel G4400 - Asrock H170M Pro4S - 8GB ram - Be Quiet Pure Power 11 400 CM - Nanoxia Deep Silence 4 - 6TB Seagate Ironwolf - RAIDZ1 3x10TB WD - OMV 5 - Proxmox Kernel

• Offizieller Beitrag

would it be possible to add a column to the docker containers list with the IP address/port where the container is running? i have several containers, some of them using macvlan network driver and when assigning a port or ip number to a new container i need to click "modify" on all my containers so i see what ports are free.

As much as I hate answers like this... There is... and there isn't.

If you leave a container running on Host, you will not see Port (the IP on containers is more or less irrelevant as they are mapped through the OMV URL)..

If under network you set it to "Bridged".. even if you set the port exactly the same.. you'll see the port.

Example:

https://imgur.com/a/BHoYYvv

A couple of those, you can see are bridged the same port (nextclouddb for example is "bridged" from 3306 to 3306)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Do you think you'll make a portainer plug-in?

I was going to add a button to install it to omv-extras.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Do you think you'll make a portainer plug-in? Or you will suggest to just install it using the official guide? Also: there is some way to manage my already running container with portainer?P.S. Can I contribute at the wiki in some way? I learned a lot throught those years and made some guide for myself already. I'm not a programmer but I would love to contribute in some way :)

No need for a plugin. Is a one liner start from command line

• Or you will suggest to just install it using the official guide? Also: there is some way to manage my already running container with portainer?

Well, portainer is available as a docker. Install it that way.

From what I have seen of Portainer, existing containers are imported into it. But unless I am missing something, I am unable to edit the Environment Variables or Volumes and Bind Mounts of those imported containers.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Offizieller Beitrag

No need for a plugin. Is a one liner start from command line

While true... considering OMV's target user base and the fact many have little to no experience with Linux, I think installing it from omv-extras as suggested would be a pretty good idea.

• Offizieller Beitrag

My plan was for the button to install docker if it wasn't already and then start portainer. Maybe a button to open the site in a new tab. Pretty simple.

• My plan was for the button to install docker if it wasn't already and then start portainer. Maybe a button to open the site in a new tab. Pretty simple.

yeah, I think that's the best plan. A basic plug-in that just install portainer and will open a new tab to it if you click on it.
    It would avoid trouble with people installing something wrong/in the wrong way.

Also I would add this: this I don't think many people know portainer, I would rename this plugin in "omv-docker (discontinued)", and create a new "docker plugin" with description "Plugin to install docker-ce and Portainer to run and manage your container".

This would both avoid confusion and make it easy to understand to everyone.

Intel G4400 - Asrock H170M Pro4S - 8GB ram - Be Quiet Pure Power 11 400 CM - Nanoxia Deep Silence 4 - 6TB Seagate Ironwolf - RAIDZ1 3x10TB WD - OMV 5 - Proxmox Kernel

• Offizieller Beitrag

My plan was for the button to install docker if it wasn't already and then start portainer. Maybe a button to open the site in a new tab. Pretty simple.

First, as much as I like the Docker plugin, I've been using OMV 5 in Vbox a week or so and am using Portainer there and it is really growing on me. If you go the path you're stating above, I'm assuming docker will install with default settings? If Containers go to their default location (ie, var/lib/docker..) then there will be the constant threads with Plex or Emby filling up a small OS drive. Granted, we get them somewhat now because people don't pay attention setting up the docker plugin, but I think it would be quite a bit more the way you're describing above.

This is pretty easy to resolve. I did this with a new install, but I'm guessing it would work similarly on a current install.

1. Create your container folder (Containers) in the webUI
    2. Stop docker service: systemctl stop docker
    3. Move the docker folder to Containers folder: mv /var/lib/docker /sharedfolders/Containers
    4. Create a link between the two: ln -s /sharedfolders/Containers /var/lib/docker
    5. Start docker service: systemctl start docker

Not really sure how this could be addressed. Maybe putting those steps in the webUI where you'd launch Portainer (similar to how you did the finishing steps for the flash memory plugin)?

That's the only issue I see with this approach given the user base.

• I have a lot of container, including Plex, and I only use 7GB.
    I would just put that 16GB is the raccomanded size. Also because it's really hard nowdays to find a usb key or micro SD that is smaller than this.

Not talking about people like me that just went for a really cheap SSD, in that case anything under 60GB is no sense since they cost all the same.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have a lot of container, including Plex, and I only use 7GB.I would just put that 16GB is the raccomanded size. Also because it's really hard nowdays to find a usb key or micro SD that is smaller than this.

Not talking about people like me that just went for a really cheap SSD, in that case anything under 60GB is no sense since they cost all the same.

The problem is there some features in are Plex and Emby (video previews, etc.) that will push that Plex and Emby folder way over that 16gigs. I'm barely running 3gigs on my install (don't use Plex)... so I understand it can be ran from a fairly small disk. Those issues w/ the Plex/Emby dockers have been discussed in other threads here on several occasions. It's not really an issue if you setup the docker plugin and assign a containers folder, as most of us have storage drives that will more than accommodate this... It's an issue when you leave it at default... and from the way he is explaining it default will be the only option unless the user goes to the effort to resolve it.

https://forum.openmediavault.o…sing-space-on-boot-drive/

• I still don't think it's an issure. The folder that will become huge is the config one, not the container one.
    To avoid problems I put the config in a different partition so that I can move it in a different disk without problems.

In any case: Plex/emby users should know that if they use video preview or other function that use so much memory they have to take it in consideration while buying the OS/Program disk.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Not for Plex and Emby (the two that usually cause this issue)... Read the thread. He had his config folder on a separate drive. Even if they take it into consideration, like you they think it's an issue with their config files, and it's not

Unfortunately it's not an issue... Until it is. To a new user this could be daunting, that's all I'm saying.

• I think that this are issues that should be easily avoided improving the wiki.
    I'm fine will help as much as I can with it, since I made so many trial and error :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!