Docker GUI plugin now stable

• Thanks to all the help with testing of the openmediavault-docker-gui plugin I'm happy to say that it is now stable and available in the Docker repo of omvextras.

How to install:

• Make sure that the openmediavault-docker plugin is not installed (they conflict with each other if installed at the same time)
    • Upgrade omvextras to at least version 2.7 via the "Update manager" of OMV
    • In omvextras select the Docker repo and also do an "Apt-Clean"
    • Install the plugin via the standard "Plugin" page of OMV

For information on what's available in the plugin and a change-log please see this thread:
    openmediavault-docker-gui Testing

All further development will be done to the testing repo of the plugin and will be merged into the stable repo when it's thoroughly tested.

ToDo:

Changelog:

• Is there any plan to implement the creation of new containers based on those in the public docker repos? I think it would be pretty awesome to be able to build containers straight from OMV. You could potentially even integrate a browser based shell to "enter" a docker container.

• Is there any plan to implement the creation of new containers based on those in the public docker repos? I think it would be pretty awesome to be able to build containers straight from OMV

Not sure I understand the problem. You start/create a container by "running" one of the images that has previously been pulled from the Docker hub. My workflow is usually:

• Search for an image in the search box (located in the top right of the plugin)
    • Check the image info via the info button in the "Pull image" window
    • If I like it, pull the image
    • Start the container with appropriate settings according to the info page.

I know that @subzero79 was working on a guide for the plugin. Is that still on the roadmap?

You could potentially even integrate a browser based shell to "enter" a docker container.

I've been thinking something similar. I just need to find some nice browser based shell that can be displayed inside OMV. Any suggestions on what to use and how to implement it?

• Thank you for the docker-gui plugin. This made me choose OMV for my NAS solution.
    Just an idea: It would be nice to have a dropout for the volumes where the predefied volumes from the docker file could be easily chosen without typing.

Maybe unrelated: I got an issue with a madsonic container where it states "The kernel doesn't support memory swappiness". Is this solveable somehow?

• Just an idea: It would be nice to have a dropout for the volumes where the predefied volumes from the docker file could be easily chosen without typing.

Great idea! I'll add it to my (growing) ToDo list. This is where my limited Docker knowledge shines through... I didn't know about Volumes and how they worked when I wrote that part of the plugin :)

• Possibly https://github.com/liftoff/GateOne/ but it requires running Python code on the server.

Thanks @subzero79 for the guide. Will there be any way to commit changes to a container from the web GUI? I'd like to move some of my VMs that are currently running on separate servers into docker containers. That means I'll want to create a simple Ubuntu container, make changes, and commit. I imagine I'll have to do the commiting from a command line?

Also, it would be cool if the plugin supported hosting a docker repo as well, but I suspect that takes a lot more work.

• Offizieller Beitrag

There is a gateone plugin here. Had uninstall issues that I never had a chance to fix though.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hello,

I've setup pyd.io through Docker and it works extremely well, setup was a breeze and I thank you for that!

I access my data through volumes and bind mounts and was wondering what would be a restrictive ACL on my data/folder ie which specific user is used by docker and should be allowed read/write on this.

As it is, I have to put Other: Read/Write in ACL on shared folder data/ to be able to create / delete files in pyd.io

Thks again, extremely useful plugin :D

• The user/group that runs inside the container is specified in the Docker image definition. Some images allow you to change this yourself via environment variables. See the sickrage image in the Repos tab of the Docker plugin for such an example.

• when I try to pull from the repo rutorrent I get the following:

Pulling repository docker.io/diameter/rtorrent-rutorrent

but nothing else happens.

I did not change anything from defaults just hit enable plugin.
    Thanks.

**** to further expand I tried to sickrage repo and that instantly worked.

So maybe theres an issue with how the repo is for rutorrent??

thanks again.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!