error in syslog regarding rrdcached

• Hello
    I have many of the following error messages in the syslog:

Zitat

Oct 1 15:00:07 omv rrdcached[2394]: queue_thread_main: rrd_update_r (/var/lib/rrdcached/db/localhost/df-media-fa36508a-b3c4-4499-b30a-711dd5994225/df_complex-used.rrd) failed with status -1. (/var/lib/rrdcached/db/localhost/df-media-fa36508a-b3c4-4499-b30a-711dd5994225/df_complex-used.rrd: illegal attempt to update using time 1443704403 when last update time is 1447575105 (minimum one second step))
    Oct 1 15:00:20 omv monit[2878]: 'rootfs' space usage 89.5% matches resource limit [space usage>80.0%]

I am not shure wether they belong together.
    My system is a Raspberry Pi with OMV 2.1.15.

Michael

• Same issue here - same symptoms. It's filling up my rootfs and eventually reaches 100%. At that point OMV UI becomes non-responsive. Yet another issue is that the sd is being written to much more often than necessary cutting down sd life.

System is BeagleBone Black. I'm using an image from another user's BBB as a starting point. Currently without modification. Is it possible the wide time difference is a result of a past time reference variable in the other user's system? If so, how is that past time brought to the current time? Seems like that's what needs to be addressed.

Syslog:

Oct 10 15:44:36 openmediavault monit[1175]: ‘rootfs’ space usage 94.6% matches resource limit [space usage>80.0%]Oct 10 15:45:01 openmediavault /USR/SBIN/CRON[4502]: (root) CMD (/usr/sbin/omv-mkgraph >/dev/null 2>&1)Oct 10 15:45:01 openmediavault rrdcached[1243]: Received FLUSHALLOct 10 15:45:01 openmediavault rrdcached[1243]: queue_thread_main: rrd_update_r (/var/lib/rrdcached/db/localhost/interface-eth0/if_errors.rrd) failed with status -1. (/var/lib/rrdcached/db/localhost/interface-eth0/if_errors.rrd: illegal attempt to update using time 1444512602 when last update time is 1922983631 (minimum one second step))

• I'm having the exact same problem: rrdcached is filling up my syslog with:
    May 10 23:00:01 nas rrdcached[2352]: queue_thread_main: rrd_update_r (/var/lib/rrdcached/db/localhost/rrdcached/queue_length.rrd) failed with status -1. (/var/lib/rrdcached/db/localhost/rrdcached/queue_length.rrd: illegal attempt to update using time 1462913849 when last update time is 1481037057 (minimum one second step))
    May 10 23:00:01 nas rrdcached[2352]: queue_thread_main: rrd_update_r (/var/lib/rrdcached/db/localhost/rrdcached/operations-receive-flush.rrd) failed with status -1. (/var/lib/rrdcached/db/localhost/rrdcached/operations-receive-flush.rrd: illegal attempt to update using time 1462913849 when last update time is 1481037057 (minimum one second step))
    May 10 23:00:14 nas rrdcached[2352]: queue_thread_main: rrd_update_r (/var/lib/rrdcached/db/localhost/interface-eth0/if_octets.rrd) failed with status -1. (/var/lib/rrdcached/db/localhost/interface-eth0/if_octets.rrd: illegal attempt to update using time 1462914009 when last update time is 1481037057 (minimum one second step))
    May 10 23:00:17 nas rrdcached[2352]: queue_thread_main: rrd_update_r (/var/lib/rrdcached/db/localhost/load/load.rrd) failed with status -1. (/var/lib/rrdcached/db/localhost/load/load.rrd: illegal attempt to update using time 1462914009 when last update time is 1481037057 (minimum one second step))

What can I do? The above tips are not helping.
    It seems rrdcached is having problems accessing my RAID1. I'm using OMV on RPi with two USB-HDDs in a RAID array.

• Yes, I did - but I think this is not the solution to the problem. I see others were having the same issue too and were able to solve it without a RTC module.
    I was able to find a couple of different solution strategies which helped other people but unfortunately not me:

First:
    - Turn on "Use NTP server" in Date & Time Settings in OMV web interface
    - execute in SSH shell:

Code
    service collectd stop
    cd /var/lib/collectd/rrd/raspberrypi
    rm -rf *
    service collectd start

Second:
    execute in SSH shell:

Code
    echo $(date +"%Y-%m-%d %T") > /etc/fake-hwclock.data

Third:
    Add the following to the /etc/collectd/collectd.conf file:

Code
    <Plugin df>
        FSType "rootfs"
        IgnoreSelected true
    </Plugin>

I tried all solutions but none helped. By the way, here is a link to the full set of log lines that are added to the syslog about every 10 minutes.

• Ok, I just did a

Code
    find / -type f -newermt 2016-12-01

to find all files that are created after Dec 1 2016 (in the future) because the timestamp in the log is on Dec 6 2016.
    This is giving me thousands of files - although I installed OMV on my RPi just two weeks ago. Some files are:

Code
    ./etc/mailcap
    ./etc/nginx/sites-available/openmediavault-webgui
    ./etc/nginx/openmediavault-webgui.d/security.conf
    ./etc/init.d/f2r-var-lib-monit-tmpfs
    ./etc/init.d/f2r-var-spool-tmpfs
    ./etc/init.d/f2r-var-lib-openmediavault-rrd-tmpfs
    ./etc/init.d/f2r-var-tmp-tmpfs
    ./etc/init.d/f2r-var-lib-rrdcached--tmpfs
    ./etc/init.d/f2r-var-log-tmpfs
    ./etc/init.d/f2r-var-lib-php5-tmpfs

Could it be that the OMV installer is setting incorrect creation dates? Could this be the reason for the error messages?

• If you want your logs and graphs to be normal the RTC module is what you need to do. If you want to run without a RTC module I would disable the graphs. I am not going to spend a lot of time discussing all the reasons.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!