Problem booting install CD

• I am having a problem booting the image at http://sourceforge.net/project…nmediavault_0.4_amd64.iso.

What it displays when it tries to boot: ISOLINUX 4.02 debian bla bla bla banner line, leaving the cursor to blink endlessly under it.

I've tried to boot it on my two desktops: one running 64 bit OMV and the other 64 bit Arch all with the same result
    The odd thing is that the 3.x OMV iso does boot fine on both boxes.

Now the really odd thing: the problematic ISO does boot on a Sony laptop!

What else I have done: checked the digests, burned the ISO's on different boxes, checked the BIOS settings.

What mindlessly stupid thing am I missing here?

Thanks
    Steve.

More info: The same systems will boot debian testing 64 bit ISO's no problem. I do not think it is the CD media.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Probably some ISOLINUX setting your system doesn't like. I have some of those systems. You could install using 0.3 and upgrade.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Zitat von "ryecoaaron"

Probably some ISOLINUX setting your system doesn't like. I have some of those systems. You could install using 0.3 and upgrade.

Thanks, that is what I had done. But, it was a mystery why the new ISO would not work...

Another odd thing is that that same ISO that won't boot on hardware will boot in a VM. Crazy.

I think I will download a Squeeze disk 1 and see if that boots. I know Wheezy works fine.

Steve.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Maybe it has something to do with the serial console option that is new for this ISO. I guess you could try changing your serial port settings to see if it makes a difference.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Zitat von "ryecoaaron"

Maybe it has something to do with the serial console option that is new for this ISO. I guess you could try changing your serial port settings to see if it makes a difference.

Do you mean change the serial port settings in the BIOS?

I don't know much about all this, but I would think that SYSLINUX would time out waiting for something on a hardware(?) serial port, then resume booting as it did in 3.x.

Thanks.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Yep, settings in the bios. I don't know much about syslinux either. Just throwing a wild guess out there :)

• I've put together some new hardware to retire my old Dell, but can't seem to get past the following line:

ISOLINUX 4.02 debian-20101014 ETCD Copyright (C) 1994-2010 H. Peter Anvin et al
    _

I know the CD is ok, so am worried it might be a compatibility issue or something?! It's all quite standard stuff:

Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H ATX Motherboard
    Intel Celeron G530 2.40GHz Socket 1155 2MB L3 Cache
    Crucial 2 x 2GB DDR3 1333MHz/PC3-10600 Memory CL9 1.5V
    Disk for OS is OCZ 60GB Agility 3 SSD - 2.5" SATA-III - Read 525MB/s Write 475MB/s 80,000 IOPS

Can anyone shed any light?

• @tekkbebe - motherboard is late model Asus. More info when I get home.

FYI, absolutely every live or boot ISO I have tried, work, except the latest OMV ISO. I suspect it is the syslinux.cfg file but can not test that theory yet.

Thanks
    Steve.

• Zitat von "audi30tdi"

I had the same problem, but after I disable serial and paralell port on the motherboard everything installed perfect. But if you use these ports, that solution isn't perfect!

This worked for me as well!

I have spent quite a lot of time today trying to figure out what was wrong. I thought it had to do with my motherboard/BIOS being old (Intel 925X from 2005), but it turned out to be the serial/parallel ports that were messing things up!

This information was not easy for me to find, maybe it should be a sticky or something?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!