Post Upgrade Issues

• Hi All,

I have just updated to omv 0.4.6, which has left me in a lot of pain and loss of hair ...

Anyway, I have sorted most the issues - network settings cleared; FastCGI script errors; user permissions to name a couple.

But the issue that is stumping me is now that I have finally resumed the ability to login to the Web Interface I get the error splashed across the screen

After getting this error I have trawled these forums to find this thread which seemed to be on the right track:
    http://forums.openmediavault.o…orm%2FMultiSelect.js#p317

But to no avail ... I tried to update and reinstall the openmediavault-omvpluginsorg as described further down the page, leaving me with this error

I get this error each time I try to upgrade, dpkg-reconfigure openmediavault or remove Transmission (I have a feeling Transmission might have started this whole mess)

I am at a loss as to what to do next ....

Would you please offer up advise for a fix, I do not want to have to do a clean install if it is not neccessary.

Thanks in advance

• Zitat von "tekkbebe"

try

apt-get -f install

I've done that and get the same error message ...

• No dice and now no OMV ...

What I did:
    apt-get remove openmediavault ---> all good system suggested apt-get autoremove to get rid unneeded packages

apt-get autoremove ---> all good, packages deleted

apt-get install openmediavault ---> system finds "openmediavault is already the newest version"
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded
    Do you want to continue? Y
    Setting up openmediavault (0.4.6)
    --> see recurring error

Now no OMV installed and will not recover :(

• Zitat von "tekkbebe"

what do you get when you

apt-cache show openmediavault (is it installed?)

output

doing apt-get uninstall ... now

root@server01:~# apt-get uninstall openmediavault
    E: Invalid operation uninstall

• Zitat von "tekkbebe"

what repo did you install for omv-plugins.org

When I was on 0.3 I used
    OMV-Plugins.org Plugin Download for OMV 0.3 (Omnius)

once upgraded to 0.4.x I used
    OMV-Plugins.org Plugin Download for OMV 0.4 (Fedaykin)

via cli as i could not get to the WebGUI due to this issue

• So I did apt-get purge openmediavault, and it got rid of more packages

then, apt-get install openmediavault

the full installation process ran and completed with the following:

• never use purge when you are trying to recover something. it erases all configs. in order to enable omv-plugins.org you have to choose a repo. i try to figure out where things went bad for you. you need to choose "stable" when you enabled omv-plugins.org. i think you may have chosen "donald" or "glass". when i upgraded to fedaykin bittorrent was not an issue. i didn't even have to uplug old plugin. once changed to fedaykin by updating openmedia.list.
    then
    apt-get update
    apt-get upgrade

did you make sure your omv was running 0.3.7.1 before you did this too?

PS- the purge probably messed your ssh settings.
    PPS-when you upgrade you need to re-enable omv-plugins.org, it upgrades and you have to choose a repo again.

• I upgraded my vm to fedaykin, minus any plugins. I installed omv-plugins.org for fedaykin. No transmissionbt was in the list. There may be an issue with the repo here. If this could not upgrade this may be the problem. If you were to uninstall the transmission plugin before you upgrade it should work. But it's a little late now. I'm now testing removing omv and reinstalling in fedaykin.

• Removed and installed no problem in fedaykin. I don't know what to tell you. Your system should have removed and installed,unless the transmissionbt causing all this. When I've had issues in the past I have removed and reinstalled. Also, sometimes you can install a program and if there is a conflict with omv in the debian control file all of omv will be uninstalled. I've had this happen and reinstalled omv after that type of disaster. You are ok to reinstall as long as you don't purge anything. You can get your whole system back. It's best before you install a package with omv to test like so using the -s flag:

apt-get -s install vsftpd

It will show you if any packages will be removed before you run it for real.

Your situation sucks. I'm sorry I couldn't help more. I'll check into repo. I hope you don't get discouraged by this.

• Zitat von "tekkbebe"

Your situation sucks. I'm sorry I couldn't help more. I'll check into repo. I hope you don't get discouraged by this.

Not at all, I only learn from my mistakes :D

I have been and still very happy with the OMV product, I have had it running for the last 1.5 years with major issue- the only hick-ups were hardware related. I just was a tad blasé about doing the initial upgrade and then paid for it. :roll:

Thanks heaps for your help and support, I really appreciate it.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!