MPD (Music Player Daemon) plugin

• About MPD
    Music Player Daemon (MPD) is a server that allows remote access for playing audio files (Ogg-Vorbis, FLAC, MP3, Wave, and AIFF), streams (Ogg-Vorbis, MP3) and managing playlists. Gapless playback, buffered output, and crossfading support is also included. The design focus is on integrating a computer into a stereo system that provides control for music playback over a TCP/IP network. The goals are to be easy to install and use, to have minimal resource requirements (it has been reported to run fine on a Pentium 75), and to remain stable and flexible. Control is via client applications (such as the command line utility, mpc).

About the plugin
    Supports basic configuration of most common options, including setting shared folders for the music and playlist directories (although if just used for streaming, MPD can function without these options configured). Multiple audio outputs are supported, but configuration options specific to plugins must be entered manually as 'extra options'. For example, configuring the device or mixer control for an ALSA output. However, left blank, or even without any outputs configured, MPD attempts to pick a sensible default (i.e. the first ALSA device on Linux), so the plugin should work fine out of the box for most typical setups.
    Upgrading MPD to a later version than that installed by default with Debian Wheezy (0.16.7), e.g. version 0.17.6 from the wheezy-backports repository (Debian Jessie, OMV 3.0 already has a later version, of course), is recommended (most notably to support the restore_paused configuration option).

How to install
    To install the plugin, first install the OMV Extras plugin, then you can install openmediavault-mpd from the Plugins section of the WebGUI.

Support
    Please either report issues on GitHub (https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…openmediavault-mpd/issues) or use this thread for discussion/support/problems with the plugin.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I sent a PM to have you added to the dev forum. Plugin looks good :) I didn't test it yet.

It can definitely be brought into the omv-extras repo. I usually fork the plugin into the omv-developer github and then give you access. Sound ok? We are slowly switching over to using bintray for hosting. This allows devs to upload new versions of plugins using the developer plugin.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Great, thanks for the PM. Forking my repo is fine. I have just updated it as there was a small error in the RPC module that caused the service running check to fail (see https://github.com/imgrant/openmediavault-mpd/releases, v1.0.1 deb uploaded too).

I started with the openmediavault-skeleton repo and copied from other plugins. I downloaded the plugin-utilities and the -developer plugin, which I installed in my OMV VM but have not really worked out what it's for yet. :S Hoping there is more to learn in the dev forum!
    My VM is on a machine that is behind a HTTP proxy, which causes a load of headaches, but in particular for the developer plugin, it gives some error about connecting:

Code
    Error #4001:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Error: "connect() timed out!" - Code: 28' in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/developer.inc:103
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/developer.inc(1113): OMVRpcServiceDeveloper->_doApiCall('https://api.bin...')
    #1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/developer.inc(834): OMVRpcServiceDeveloper->syncBintrayData(Array, Array)
    #2 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceDeveloper->getBintrayRepos(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('getBintrayRepos', Array, Array)
    #5 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(500): OMVRpc::exec('Developer', 'getBintrayRepos', Array, Array, 1)

How can I get it to use a proxy?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I originally wrote the dev plugin for myself. So, it isn't very flexible in some cases. It is meant to maintain code on github, translations on transifex, and build/upload to bintray. Not sure how to make it work with a proxy as I don't use or have access to one.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• If it's just for maintaining a bunch of repos, pushing stuff to github, bintray etc. then I probably don't need to use it. I thought it might add some debugging output or something to OMV, but I managed to develop my plugin without it quite easily so I guess I won't really worry about proxy-ing it up.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I don't need it either but it sure saves a lot of time when maintaining lots of plugins. There are little things like not having to go to github to find the link to clone a repo or the link directly to the github page or having to enter passwords. OMV already has really nice debugging output so no need to add that :)

• I've updated the first post to reflect the fact that the plugin is now (soon) available via the OMV Extras repository. Please use this thread if you have any problems/thoughts/or anything else to discuss about the plugin.

• It is the main repo for OMV Extras....
    What cpu do you have???
    Give results of:
    dpkg -l | grep openm

Code
    root@omv:~# apt-cache policy openmediavault-mpd
    openmediavault-mpd:
      Installed: (none)
      Candidate: 1.0.3
      Version table:
         1.0.3 0
            995 http://packages.omv-extras.org/debian/ stoneburner/main amd64 Packages
    • Offizieller Beitrag

It is available for every arch in stoneburner.

• @kellyvotrenom, do you have the OMV Extras plugin installed? What version of OMV are you using?

@bunts sorry, no idea about iOS MPD apps. I also came from Volumio to my current setup, which now only uses MPD as a backend, I interact with it via UPnP or OpenHome (BubbleUPnP and BubbleDS apps on Android are very good).

• Sorry for the late replies, recovering from flu.

Yes, OMV-Extras.org is installed and I have a few other plug-ins active (Snapraid, Mini DLNA1.1, PLEX 1.0.12) OMV_Extras.org Testing is not enabled.

OMV version 1.19 (Krlizec)
    AMD A6-7400K RAdeon R5, Compute Cores 2C+4G
    Linux 3.2.0.4-686-pae

When I run
    dpkg -l | openm
    -bash: openm: command not found

Carefully reviewed the Plugins Section to make sure it's not pilot error but can not find any reference to MPD

Thanks

• Offizieller Beitrag

The mpd plugin is in OMV 2.x not OMV 1.x. I recommend upgrading to OMV 2.x.

• I have an ODROID XU4 with OMV 2.2.1 stone burner.

I am trying to install MPD plugin to listen my music with my android phone. If I configure the output audio as ALSA I see the music files but the playback does not produce sound.

So I try to change the audio output to "HTTP server", but then I get the following error:

Any suggestion?

Thnx in advance.

• Here you have my mpd.conf:

Regarding your question, I will try to use this app, but the point is listening the music from outside my network using my android phone, and by now, the changes I try with the output are giving me errors like the one I posted before.

Best Regards.

• I have tryed Auremo MPD client, under windows 10. I was able to connect the MPD server, but get no sound with ALSA output.

I guess if I were able to change the output I would have some chances to listen my music...

Any idea?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!