Slow Samba Speed

• Hey,
    I´ve build myself kind a like a nas-device.
    Standart Mainboard with Gigabit Lan Port, CPU is one of the new Celerons with Haswell Bridge, Ram is 8GB
    OMV stone Burner runs on a SSD and the Data is stored on some 3,5 Drives(WD Red 4TB, Seagate 4TB, Seagate 3TB)
    The whole Network is Gigabit and there is only a Router in between my "NAS" and my home pc(runs Windows 8.1, connected via LAN on a Gigabit Port)

I´m only getting arround 15 MB/s down and 10MB/s Upload via Samba.
    The only cause of building this device was to have a fast NAS an a DLNA Server, faster than my old WDMYCLOUD.
    Now it´s slower! I´ve tried a lot of differend setting for Samba but nothing has effect. (Always put back the standart Settings after trying)

Could you please help me?
    I´m really frustrated at the moment...

Here is my Samba.conf

• What filesystem is being used on the OMV machine's data drives?

Are there any firewalls running on any of the machines involved with the transfers?

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• All drives are on ext4, no raid and no fancy stuff and i´ve tried turning off the windows firewall, no effect
    On the OMV side i have never changed any firewall related settings.
    In between the both devices is only a TP-Link Router(with gigabit lan ports)

• Just my two cents here but have you looked at the network cables you are using? If you have some old CAT5 I would get rid of it. You should at least use CAT5E or CAT6 for 1GB. Any exposed cable at the RJ45 head can cause problems. Just something to think about even though your devices support 1GB. Also check what speed your OMV system negotiated at.

ShadowZero -- OMV Fan since 0.3

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von shadowzero ()

• It´s not the cables, I´m using straight cat 7 and the distance is only arround 5 meters.
    Also with ftp i´m getting between 90 an 110 MB/S on the same devices and same config(same share, user, folder, PC, Lan...)
    It´s definitfly something realated to samba

--edit--
    After tuning off Sendfile and installing another Driver for the Lan Card the Samba speed has doubled!
    Now i´m getting 60 MB/s Write and 33 MB/s Read.
    Souldn´t be Write slower than Read?
    For my System I was expecting something arround 80MB/s Read

• Hello

I have the same problem, do you have any solution?
    I replaced the mainboard from my nas with an asus n3150m-e, before I had a Gigabyte ga-h77-d3h with a Intel i5-2400. The speed was 110 -125 MB/s and now it's only 10-15 MB/s

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!