Graphic Driver

• Hello,

resently i'v been trying to get Virtualbox to to activate the option 3d escalator but no luck. I have tried activating it from the command and still not working, so i done some searching around and tried to find why at the end i found out that the OMV didn't install the driver for my nvidia gtx270 graphic card.

below is the lshw list

On the line where the display there is no details of the card. i have asked around and they told me that driver is not installed. would someone let me know if thats true or if there is a way to install it or not possible.

Many thanks for the help.

Best regards
    Wafic

• i have swaped the card to AMD Radeon HD 6000 Series is there a way to install the drivers for AMD card and will i get the 3d option to work on virtualbox? or its not possible.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Are you still really using OMV 0.5 like your sig says?

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• could it be because the omv has no GUI interface i mean desktop would that me the reason why i cannot enable 3D?
    i have looked every where but no one has an answer to this.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Installing the desktop would install the drivers. You should be able to install the drivers without the desktop though. That said, I'm not sure how much benefit you will get when connecting to the guest remotely. 3d acceleration is really meant for the desktop virtualbox gui.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Offizieller Beitrag

Installing the desktop causes some weird issues. I would try it in a VM first.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!