Problem accessing OMV behind NAT

• Hi all,

I found out an issue with OMV with NAT. I created a port forwarding rule in my DSL Router (Fritzbox) and am able to see the loginscreen. So far so good. As soon as I logged in, I get the next page, where the session tries to validate the IP Address of my browser with the IP adress of the IP packet. Of cause with NAT in between, they are different.

Additionally the IP address used is behind a proxy in my company, so that may also complicate it. Is this a "works as designed" behaviour, or is it a bug?

Error #5002:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Invalid IP address' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/session.inc:142
    Stack trace:
    #0 /var/www/openmediavault/index.php(33): OMVSession->validate()
    #1 {main}

Everything is possible, sometimes it requires Google to find out how.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I forwarded port 9317 to port 80 on my OMV box (has a static DHCP IP address on router) and it worked. I was able to go to all of the pages with no issues. My router (WRT54GL) is running TomatoUSB. Maybe the proxy is causing the problem??

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!