Initial SnapRAID sync fails

• My initial sync with snapRAID fails. No data is written to the parity drive. I'm not sure what is wrong or where to get more information.

Here are my discs, they are originally from a windows FlexRaid setup, so the Data drives are still ntfs. I understand that is not ideal right now but they are fairly full and would prefer to wait to convert them to ext4 if possible.

My snapRAID setup is as follows

The log continues with Warning shown below for other files on the disk

What other information can I provide?

• Look at your Parity drive it's smaller than your Data1
    Parity Total 3.58TiB
    Data1 Total 3.64TiB

Try to format the Parity with xfs instead off ext4.

OMV 2.1.19 | SnapRaid/MHDDFS | 5x4TB Seagate NAS(Daten)+2x4TB Toshiba(Parity) | G3250/Z87/8GB

• Look at your Parity drive it's smaller than your Data1
    Parity Total 3.58TiB
    Data1 Total 3.64TiB

Try to format the Parity with xfs instead off ext4.

Parity drive has been reformatted, size looks good.

I'm still getting the same error, Internal Server Error alert pops up the same same log as above with the same warnings.

Zitat

WARNING! Files '/media/AC72326F72323F00/Backup/fubz/.../multidex-1.0.0.pom.sha1' and '/media/AC72326F72323F00/Backup/fubz/.../multidex-1.0.1.aar.md5' have the same physical offset 3.

SnapRaid log

Daemon Logs

• Offizieller Beitrag

How do you it isn't working? Those are warnings not errors. It might be an NTFS issue causing the warnings. I highly recommend switching to a native Linux filesystem like ext4 or xfs.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

I use xfs and ext4. It really doesn't matter which. I would use ext4 if you don't have a battery backup system.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Zitat

I would use ext4 if you don't have a battery backup system.

Is it a big risk to use xfs without a batterybackup?
    I have large files, Movies etc.

systemdrive is ext4

OMV 2.1.19 | SnapRaid/MHDDFS | 5x4TB Seagate NAS(Daten)+2x4TB Toshiba(Parity) | G3250/Z87/8GB

• Offizieller Beitrag

xfs can have corruption issues if you lose power in middle of a write. ext4 works just fine with large files.

• Ok, ext4 can better handle such power failure or write aborts?
    I've read xfs is better for large files.
    I think i can calculate the risk now - more read access than writes.
    Writes usualy controlled.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Do you not have battery backup? I wouldn't worry about it. xfs may be a little bit better for large files but it will probably never be noticeable especially for movies. There is no risk using ext4.

• How do I refresh the drives listed in the File System tab? I can see my ntfs drives that no longer exist because I formatted them outside of my virtual machine.
    I'm guessing I should be do more of the file operations inside of OMV, I am just nervous as I am not familiar with this part of Linux.

• The safest way is to revert the setting steps.
    You can look at "Access Rights Management > Shared Folders in use" on which Service it is enabled.
    Go to "Services" then delete the old share in each Service you have activated it.
    Go to "Access Rights Management > Shared Folders" look at tab "Refenced" is no, then delete Volume "Uber"

on question: "Do you want to remove the content of the shared folder recursively? The shared folder content will be permanently removed and cannot be recovered. Select 'No' to delete the shared folder configuration only or 'Cancel' to Abort."
    ! - for safety reasons say: No
    Allways on questions to Delete or Remove Content > say No - except you know what you're doing.

Go to "Storage > Union Filesystems" delete the missing pool "Uber"
    Do the same with the missing ntfs entry, but delete it finaly in "Storage > File Systems" say Yes > say No Yes? - double check your selection that is "n/a" in Tabs "Total" and "Available" then say Yes to delete the filesystem.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Billie_30 ()

• I see the pool listed in /etc/fstab.

I also receive the the following error when viewing the file system tab

• Is the mount command whitin the OMV config section in /etc/fstab?
    If not, just delete them.
    If yes, i don't know why it's not listet in webgui, deleting in this case is useless, OMV writes it in again.(You can delete the entry in config.xml, by search the uuid d67d... under [fstab] but it's not recommended)
    You can look at SystemLog and eventually see whats wrong.

• The entry is in /etc/fstab; however, I cannot delete it in OMV as the option is grayed out.

I just reinstalled the entire OS. I will try the SnapRaid again from scratch....

• yes, it is in use, Referenced tab says Yes.
    look at Volume "Uber" in "Access Rights Management > Shared Folders" what is the corresponding "Name" of shared folder,
    then > "Shared Folders in use" > you see "Name" in tab "Shared Folder" and in tab "In Use By" the Services e.g.:

config/services/ftp/shares/share
    config/system/shares/sharedfolder

go to these Services and remove the share first

Ahh.. I see you reinstalled. please make sure your drives uses ext4, if you can.
    Make first the Parity then add the Datadrives to snapraid, after that activate the pool.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Billie_30 ()

• I still need to convert some of my other data drives to ext4. What is the proper way to copies the files from 1 drive to the other?

I tried:
    root@MediaVault:/media# cp -r 99fc30f0-5849-452a-8b76-5f559f2d40a4/* 88eb8c50-c9d8-4be9-9eaf-1cf4ff0c2650/
    cp: cannot create directory `88eb8c50-c9d8-4be9-9eaf-1cf4ff0c2650/AppData': Read-only file system
    cp: cannot create directory `88eb8c50-c9d8-4be9-9eaf-1cf4ff0c2650/Backup': Read-only file system
    cp: cannot create directory `88eb8c50-c9d8-4be9-9eaf-1cf4ff0c2650/Movies': Read-only file system

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!