Transferring files from HDD to HDD

• Hello,

I've been wasting a lot of time by transferring very large files over my home network. I figured it would be a much faster process if I plug an external HDD into my server and transfer locally (rather than over the network).

The problem I'm running into is that I don't want to use Rsync or USB Backup to transfer the files. It seems like an easy enough task, but I just can't figure it out.

Please help me.
    :/

• Oh wow, that's way over my head.

• Well, you could install the Midnight Commander package - it's a file manager based on the Norton Commander. But sooner or later you will need to learn how to use the shell if you want to get the most out of OMV.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Enable ssh and login via WinSCP. Then you can move the files in Windows just like windows explorer.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thanks Ryecoaaron, good point !
    Now I'm using Cyberduck to copy, move, delete, edit... files

5.6.5-1 (Usul)
    HP ProLiant G7 MicroServer N54L AMD Turion II / 4GB
    Kingston SSDNow 200 30GB (OS), 4 x WD red 2TB SATA3 (Data)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!