Bought a new chromecast audio, Now I want to stream my music library to it Any suggestions?

• My OMV server has always been a simple giant file dump. To watch my media I've been using kodi that is installed in the HTPC and it's library just points to folders on the NAS. It works just fine.

I've now bought a chromecast audio and I want to have my music library available to stream to it. Actual streaming services worked great with the chromecast but I couldn't just point it at my library and get a nice wife friendly interface. I did manage to get my library streaming using a free app called local cast which worked but was not a nice library with cover art/artist sorting/... when pointed at the nas.

I'm wondering if anyone else has set anything up that provides a nice wife friendly interface on an android device listing all of the music on my OMV NAS? 100% free is prefered but a couple of dollars isn't a deal breaker if it's perfect and trivial to use.

I'm contemplating installing plex on the NAS and replacing my KODI library with a centralized one. multi device streaming is not a necessity at the moment but may be cool to show off.

• so plex is your recommendation for centralized media streaming? I'm just slowly reading through all 45 pages of the mediabrowser/emby plugin thread and it sounds like I can use it as a backend for my kodi front end

• This is like Audi / BMW / Mercedes. Some preferr Kodi, some Emby, the others Plex.
    I´m using Plex because I only have Samsung TV´s at home and there is a Plex App available for them. So I do not need any other device like a Fire TV Stick to watch my Plex Movies. (Besides DLNA...)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!