webGUI or Shares not working since new router (running OSX)

• Hi all, firstly I am very much a novice in this so many of you will think I should get myself a tech guy to do all this, but I want to learn all this.
    My tech friend did the set up for me, but now that I got a new internet provider the set up changed. before the router was plugged into my airport extreme and the HPMini Server into the extreme.
    Now I have a box (not router) for the fiberoptic internet which now plugs into my airport extreme which acts as the router (apparently).
    For this they reset my Airport Extreme, and since them my mac can only see the shared AFP and SMB/CIFS as shared but nothing is comes up on it (no files). Like if it is blocked. Is there something I need to open on the Airport Extreme? The webGUI is also dead.

• thans for the reply! I tried what you suggested but still no luck. I don't know if they changed the subnet. They did not touch the HPMini Server and did nothing more then do a factory reset on the Airport Extreme and set up a PPPoE internet connection by entering the account name and password and nothing else. Before it wasn't a PPPoE connection. Would that change the subnet?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Change the inet connection to pppoe should not change the subnet, resetting the AE might change it to default. Anyway check the ip address that is assigned if you can login, with ifconfig eth0.

Also you can check if the subnet is different in your access computer..
    If is different try and use omv-firstaid
    And reconfigure the network in dhcp mode.

• I have the IP of the the OMV. What do I need to do with it? On AE there is a DHCP and NAT config panel with DHCP Reservations and Port Settings where I can add stuff, but it doesn't allow me to change the first 3-4 numbers of the IPv4. It has two options one is address by MAC Address the other is by DHCP Client ID. In the that one there is a window to give clinet ID and the window where the IPv4 first 4 numbes are locked.

• tried it but the only option it gives me is to choose port, once I do that I tried to add this port to AE Network Port Settings, chose remote Login - SSH Type IPv4 and etered this port number to all options including public UDP and TCP Ports- as well as Private. Private IP address again it doesn't allow me to change the first 4 numbers. (cookies are turned on in Chrome).

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!