UPS NUT and security/firewall

• I've have a fresh install of OMV and I'm working on setting up the UPS interface. I have a APC Smart-UPS with a serial port -> usb connected. I installed NUT from the binaries, no the plug-in. NUT is running just fine and reads the UPS status. I want to have another Windows machine on my local 192.168.1.x network read the status of the UPS daemon, but I can't figure out why the Windows machine NUT Winclient can't connect to my OMV machine.

I have enough Linux experience to be dangerous, so I need a little help debugging it. I put on firewall logging and I can see the Windows client try to connect to port 3493, which is the NUT daemon port. But I can't tell what may be blocking the client from connecting. Are there more security settings in OMV that I need to configure?

Sorry if this is a little vague, but if you have played with NUT, maybe you have run into this.

Also, I want to add the content of the NUT cgi-bin web page to the web server in OMV. Do I need a link from the OMV www directory to the cgi-bin directory of NUT to coonect the two? The instructions with NUT assume that the server has Apache or something of the like.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!