file transfer issue OMV on IOMEGA Home Media Network

• Hello folks,
    since I installed OMV on my NAS, I found out that, no matter how I do it, if I copy from/to the NAS several files, it stucks after 5/7 minutes and I need to completely reboot it.
    SSH stops working as well any other service.
    Only pressing the rear on/off button shuts down the device.
    This happens ONLY when I copy files. How do I troubleshoot this issue?
    Thank you! :?:

• I am having the same problem, althoug it's another system configuration (hardware).

On both of my NAS I try to copy files the network of the NAS just drops after a few seconds. NAS is not rechable via network after that and I can only reboot the NAS.
    I tried it either via FreeFileSync as well as via Explorer / SpeedCommander.

This error happens on either my HP Proliant Gen8 Microserver as well as on a "self-built" Nas with an Asrock mainboard.

Every other network operation is doing just fine (streaming etc.).

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
    Jaxxon

• Hello folks, the issue is getting worse. I do not know myself a way to recreate it and show errors code (if any). Now even during massive torrent download session, it just get stuck. I am quite sick of it, it happens via usb or lan. I suspect it is a hardware problem. I am going to call the death of the nas and try to salvage the disk.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is the OS installed on the hard drive?

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!