OMV shows wrong capacity of HDD after disk removal

• Hello everybody, I need some help with 2 problems.

I have currently 3 disks installed:

SSD 1: 32 GB SanDisk SSD (Boot device) SanDisk SDSSDRC032G
    HDD 2: 232 GB SAMSUNG HDD (Very old drive) SAMSUNG SP2514N
    HDD 3: 3000 GB WD RED (not even a month old) WDC WD30EFRX-68EUZN0

During the installation process of OMV, disk 3 was missing because I put the disk into the NAS some days ago.
    I would like to keep the NAS running 24/7 so I removed the 232 GB Samsung HDD because it's not very safe to run this disk 24/7.
    After I did that, OVM found only the boot filesystem.

So the first question, how can I mount the existing filesystem located on the 3TB WD Red?

And the second issue: OMV shows me the wrong capacity of the WD disk. It should be around 2,7 TB, not 1,82.
    (Might be a partition issue?)

SMART output:

output of mount:

/etc/fstab:

Thanks for help, I really don't know what to do at the moment.

Your's Sincerely

My NAS: OVM 3.x, 2x 3TB WD Red | Daily backup using rsync | Runing 24/7 for 3 years now without any failures :)

• Addendum to Issue 2: I had a jumper installed on the motherboard, that was the issue.
    Any ideas how I should recover the filesystems?

Your's Sincerely

My NAS: OVM 3.x, 2x 3TB WD Red | Daily backup using rsync | Runing 24/7 for 3 years now without any failures :)

• It shows now a capacitiy of 2,7 TB and that's correct because I removed the jumper.

Sadly, there is no partition on the HDD anymore
    I'm currently running testdisk to scan the partitions I can recover. There was a huge amount of sensible data on it

Edit: Are you sure I don't overwrite the existing (lost) filesystem when I use "create.."?

Edit2: SMART displays 3 TB now...

Code
    LU WWN Device Id: 5 0014ee 20c759184
    Firmware Version: 82.00A82
    User Capacity:    3,000,591,900,160 bytes [3.00 TB]

But seriously, why is this even a thing if you place a jumper on your motherboard that partitions just "dissapear"? Who is in charge of this?

Your's Sincerely

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Noneatme ()

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!