After Owncloud 8.2 wrning issues on web gui interface

• Hi , i installed recently openmediavault 2.1 from iso image , then i installed owncloud plugin from openmediavault interface .
    Everything was ok after the installation , but when i check the owncloud version i realize that the plug in version is the 6.0.2 version , and owncloud is already in version 8.2.1 .
    So , i downloaded the debian packages for latest version and install the individually over the terminal .
    Now Owncloud 8.2.1 is working but i get an warning in administration tab , witch is :

Zitat

php does not seem to be setup properly to query system environment variables. The test with getenv("PATH") only returns an empty response.

I had also other warning issues that i was able to solve them with internet search .
    But this environment path error i did not yet found a solution .
    I looked these links for clues , but i could not yet fix the problem :
    https://github.com/owncloud/core/issues/17504
    ownCloud 7 install with current plugin

I also started a topic about this issue in Owncloud forums :
    https://forum.owncloud.org/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=32073

Anyone here had this issue and was able to solve it ?

Thanks

• hmmm, ..owncloud 8.2 does not support php 5.4 and you have in omv 2.x (debian 7.x) the 5.4 version. I think thees is one of the problems. I wait for omv3 (debian 8.x) and the php5.6. Then i teast owncloud 8.2 again.

omv 6.x | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 6.x |
    used plugins: omv-extras | portainer | rsnapshot | antivirus
    used container: portainer/portainer | nextcloud/all-in-one | linuxserver/swag | paperless-ngx | jellyfin/jellyfin | lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver | adguard/adguardhome |

• Hi , thanks for the reply .
    Yes , probably is that the issue .
    But Owncloud is working as it should be without any issues , the only problem is that i have that message in administration tab on web iterface of owncloud .

• Bingo , thanks Enra for the tip .

The solution for this issue :

Zitat

php does not seem to be setup properly to query system environment variables. The test with getenv("PATH") only returns an empty response.

is to edit (in my case) /etc/php5/fpm/pool.d/openmediavault-owncloud.conf
    and adding this line :

Zitat

env[PATH] = /usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin

• anyone knows how to solve this :

Zitat

Transactional file locking is using the database as locking backend, for
    best performance it's advised to configure a memcache for locking. See
    the documentation ↗ for more information.

Owncloud docs ssl certificate have some errors and i cant get page to look further for this advice .

I also have this advice :

Zitat

Your PHP version (5.4.45-0+deb7u2) is no longer supported by PHP. We encourage you to upgrade your PHP version to take advantage of performance and security updates provided by PHP.

I was almost installing php7 today , i made the config completely and i just need to do : "make" and "make install" to put it running .
    Anyone here have already updated to php7 ?
    does OMV and Owncloud work without issues ?

• @pedropt dont updeate a PHP Version in OMV! You can kill the system. Wait for OMV 3 with PHP 5.6

used container: portainer/portainer | nextcloud/all-in-one | linuxserver/swag | paperless-ngx | jellyfin/jellyfin | lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver | adguard/adguardhome |

• Hey pedropt,
    please type in ssh client:

apt-get clean
    apt-get update
    apt-get upgrade
    apt-get install redis-server
    apt-get install php5-redis
    apt-get update
    apt-get -f install

then edit your config.php ... restart your OMV machine ... and voila!

2 BananaPi, 1 OrangePiPC+, 1 OrangePiPC with OMV 6.0.x

• everything was fine until i try to install php5-redis .
    that package is not found in debian 8 repositories .

Shall i add any extra repository to fix this ?
    witch one ?

• just figured out that i had to add in sources.list this repository in order to be able to install php5-redis :

Zitat

deb http://http.debian.net/debian wheezy-backports main

Insteresting that after i restart the server , owncloud returned to original openmediacloud version !!!
    It looks that Owncloud 8.1.2 and openmediavault 2.1 are not compatible , maybe openmediavault return original values from old version .
    I notice the change in config.php of owncloud , also the owncloud settings folder as changed the name to a 32 numbers extension again .
    Maybe in 3.0 version some changes to openmediavault could be made to fix this issue .
    In mean while i will install owncloud separately from openmediavault .

• So it's safe to install redis for Owncloud for OMV 2.x.x?

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
    32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro

• I installed Redis with the above steps, but I still get this warning message:

Zitat

Security & setup warningsYour PHP version (5.4.45-0+deb7u2) is no longer supported by PHP. We encourage you to upgrade your PHP version to take advantage of performance and security updates provided by PHP.
    Please double check the installation guides ↗, and check for any errors or warnings in the log.

Here's my settings:

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
    32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro

• This is normal in OMV 2 with OC 8.2

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!