OMV crashes after a while when using SMB

• Hi there,

I'm using the 0.4 AMD64 build.
    Machine is a Asus c60m1-i with 8GB ram, a 250GB system drive and 3x 3TB WD Red.
    When I copy files from my Windows machine to the OMV it will crash after a while.
    The whole network on the OMV breaks down - no communication at all.
    Any idea what could cause this?

Cheers

• I installed the card today, but the machine doesn't recognize it.
    After a lot of testing I decided to re-install OMV to get the card up and running - but it isn't detected during the setup either.
    Any ideas?

• run this command:

modprobe e1000e

then do lspci -v and see if you see it in the list as mentioned in my last post.
    if you do then go into omv web gui and configure.
    the driver should already be installed at this location:

/lib/modules/2.6.32-5-amd64/kernel/drivers/net/e1000e

• run this:

lspci | grep Network

How far along are you in your setup? I did some searches on google and there seems to be issues with the particular kernel omv is currently
    using loading this driver. A reinstall may be the easiest solution if you are not that far along. Disconnect the data drives. Reinstall and then
    reconnect data drives. If you are a ways along in your configuration another option would be to upgrade to a higher kernel. There are some
    posts regarding this. Let me know what you think and if need be I'll dig them up for you.

• I tested the card, which was in the OMV, in my other machine - it works, so it's not a broken card...
    Maybe the mainboard doesn't accept the in the x16 slot.

I've now switched the driver for the Realtek NIC from r8169 to r8168, I just read that the r8169 is the wrong driver for my NIC.
    Hope that the machine will be stable with this driver - at least for now.

• That is a really good card. To bad you couldn't use it but I think it needs to be in a x1 slot. I had Realtek problems with 2 boards. I used tried latest drivers from Realtek's website and still had issues so I pretty much get an Intel with every build now. I had problems in both Fedora and Debian with Realtek. Good Luck!

• I guess I'm pretty much stuck with the Realtek NIC now, since the board only has this one x16 slot.
    Since my case is mini ITX (Lian LI PC-Q25) no board with a x1 slot will fit (because they are all micro ATX).
    Hope it works out with the new driver...

Thanks for your help, anyways...

Have a nice weekend.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!