Adding Intel Pro1000 NIC to OMV

• Hi there,

So, I have been running my new OMV NAS for almost a month and absolutely love it. The only downside was the onboard nic on the MB was a Realtek 100mb chipset. So I purchased a 1000mb pci card to upgrade the nic. The first was a Realtek 8169 and failed the job miserably......it would only run at 10mb half duplex and would not allow changing speeds, etc. IKt would not even work well in a windows machine, so I sent that back and ordered a Intel Pro1000 per some other suggestions I saw on the forum. I just installed this card in the NAS, but the card is not being detected at all. I am seeing the gigabit link on the router, but it is not showing up on IFCONFIG.

Is there something I am missing about getting an intel card working on OMV? I assumed OMV would simply detect the card and then I could configure it from the web interface and go......it appears that is not so?

Thanks in advance........

Ken

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!